Chapter 18

Lots of typos but my tea was ready and it's pizza so who can blame me! haha hope you like!

I nearly crap my pants when a police car passes my car. I know what I'm underage to drive but I always drive carefully and my mum isn't too bothered so I can't worry too much. I've had my learner's licence for a while but my mum says I don't need her by my side when driving because I drive better than her.

The car disappears from sight and I let out a sign of relief. I keep glancing at my phone to see if I get a message from the boys or Demi.

We're meeting at McDonalds so we can get a drink before we go. My heart races as I get closer. She's going to tell me today and I'm panicking so hard. I know she likes me but Dean gives her what she needs and it's just whether she picks what she needs over what she wants.

I know I need to stop worrying because no matter how much I freak myself out, it won't change what she says to me.

I pull the keys out of the ignition and close my eyes to try and compose myself. I've waited a week to hear her tell me who she wants and right now so many scenarios are racing through my mind.

I breathe deeply through my nose than out my mouth until I feel my heart rate decrease, it doesn't seem to help a lot, but enough to lower my risk of having a heart attack.

I snap my eyes open from constantly tapping on the window and Calum's laughter.

"What?" I snap when I wind down the window; I probably should have just got out of the car like a normal person.

"Wow calm down," he laughs, slightly lifting my mood, but not as much as I need it to, "I'm come to put my suitcase in your trunk, is that okay with you grumpy pants?"

"Its fine, I'll do it." I don't trust Calum to put his case in my trunk and not mess up the system I've done. I don't have OCD, but if each suitcase isn't in it' assigned spot, there won't be enough space.

I get out of the car after I wind back up the window and wipe my sweaty palms on my jeans. I go round to the trunk and try to squeeze his massive case into 'Calum's space'.

I groan in annoyance. I told him last night to only use his small suitcase; we're only going for 5 days, not 5 weeks!

"Need help?" I jolt up and hit my head on the hood. I wince in pain and turn around to face her. The pain instantly disappears and is replaced with panic, worry and a strange feeling erupting in my chest from her presence.

She tries to stifle a laugh at my embarrassment. "See, that's why it's good to be small," she smirks and she looks a lot better than she did on Friday.

Wearing her My Chemical Romance shirt with the lyric 'I'm not afraid to walk this world alone' printed on it. Her legs covered in ripped black skinny jeans and feet covered in her new snake skin doc martens. I know she loves her boots. Her skin is even with a layer of foundation covering it. Her eyes are wide with mascara and eyeliner lining her lids with wings at her corners. Her lips painted red which matchs the bight red print of the word 'afraid' on her shirt.

'Afraid' is the word I would describe the overall emotion I feel. I'm afraid she'll pick him, leave me and never speak to me again. I'm afraid of not being about to touch her, kiss her and smile with her. But most of all, I'm afraid of losing her.

"You're only a few inches shorter than me" I remember her saying the exact words to me when life was so simpler.

"Yay, I finally got you to admit that I'm not small" she laughs but I can tell it's to break the tension. I can't wait any longer. It's destroying me. A week I've waited. It doesn't seem long, but it's 604800 seconds. 604800 seconds of praying that her answer is everything I want it to be. Every second is torture and I can't wait any more.