Chapter 34

"Demi! Demi! Are you still there? Hello!" Ashton's voice repeats it's self through the phone. I take a deep breath.

"Have you finished writing?" I ask shortly. I stand off the end of the bed and ignore Luke's eyes dragging down my bare body. My self confidence being lowered by the second.

"We're just wrapping up, why?" Ashton's voice is confused as he questions me. I press the phone into the crook of my neck while I reach down for my clothes on the floor.

"I'm coming. Meet me outside the studio in half an hour" I order and he agrees. I quickly say bye and press end call.

I pull the jeans up my legs and reach for my bra hung on the end of the bed.

"Where you going?" Luke asks and I try to not glance too long at his disappointed, used and innocent face, covered in marks I'd produced. I clasp my bra and gulp at the sight of small bruises across my chest; each one made by his lips.

"Out" I snap shortly. The anger has returned and I hate, God I really hate this so much; I'm taking this out on him.

The short word takes him back and he goes into a stunned silence. I grab my sweater and leave the room. I walk quickly to my suitcase next to the kitchen and pull out my black ballet pumps as going back in there is no option.

"Demi, what are you doing?" Luke's voice speaks from outside his bedroom, causing me to quicken my already fast pace.

"Going out" my answer short and emotionless. I walk towards the door and am stopped by his demanding voice.

"Demi stop! Just fucking stop!" He shouts and I turn to face him. His hands pull his boxers up his legs. My lips have imprinted on him; the sight hurting me.

I don't speak. What could I say? Words don't seem right and the only action I can think of is walking out the door.

"You're leaving again aren't you?! Once again Demi leaves and leaves me behind. Leaves me to pick myself up. I'm not going through that again Demi! I'm not! I'm not letting you leave this time!" He shouts and it takes me back, a lot back. His words are demanding and his tone even more so. I ignore how good he looks because his eyes aren't wild because of lust, his hands aren't moving to touch me, his heart isn't beating hard because of my touch, but all because of the anger he has towards me that has built up.

"You don't understand Luke" I warn but he just takes a stride forward; still around ten metres away from me.

"Try me! How do you know I won't understand if you don't tell me?! You never tell me shit Demi! Even if none of that meant a single thing to you, at least think of me as a friend, to at least tell me what the fuck is going on in that beautiful little head of yours?!" He points to his door with his delicate fingertips that had run through my hair only minutes ago.

"I can't Luke. There are things that you can't know." My voice quiet even though I can tell he heard them loud and clear.

That's the thing though, I keep saying these lies to try and get myself to believe them. He can't know about Dean because I don't want him to feel differently about me, or himself. I can't let him feel guilt, pity or sadness. I don't want him to hate himself for not being there, for not saving me; even though he did in ways he will never know.

I can't tell him about Lucy because even I wouldn't know what to say if I did.

"Why are you the one to choose what I can and can't know?! I've just told you I love you, had sex with you, then you laid with me, only to leave as quick as you entered! Did any of that mean anything to you?!" He strides closer until he's only a few metres away.