Chapter ten

Sierra's pov

We were all sitting in the living room watching an episode of Friends when we heard a knock at the door. They were back. Josh was the first to get up to open the door "Hey man, hey Kiara, how was it?" 

"It was good" Aaron and Kiara stepped into the apartment and left there suitcases by the door before walking into the living room. 

"Hey guys!" I got up and walked over to hug Kiara. I then turned to face Aaron. I gave him a small smile.

"I'm so exhausted" Kiara groaned and flopped down on the couch

"So tell us, do you like New Jersey?" Mia asked.

"I love it. He took me to all his favourite resturants and to a carnival. He showed me all the cool spots and took me to one of his special spots. I took a photo look" We all got up and huddled around her so we could see the photo. 

"Oh my God that's in New Jersey? I've never seen that before and I've been living there for eighteen years.  It looks like it was straight out of a movie" Veronica gushed. I recognised that picture from anywhere because I had the exact same one on my phone. I took a step back as I realised what just happened. He took her to our spot? I thought that meant something special to him even if we weren't together anymore. Maybe I'm overreacting. I looked to the side but he wasn't looking at me. I swallowed my hurt and plastered a fake smile on my face. 

"Wow you really are one special girl for him to take you there" I really hope Aaron can read between the lines and realise how angry I am with him right now.

She looked at me and smiled at my words. She then looked at Aaron and placed her hand in his. "I guess I am" 

I walked back to my seat and settled my eyes back on the tv. Technically my eyes were on the tv but they weren't moving. I could hear gigigling coming Kiara's mouth as she whispeared something to Aaron. I gritted my teeth in annoyance. 

"I'm going to take a nap. I'm so tired from this weekend" Kiara announced. Wanna join?" Kiara asked Aaron

"Nah I'm ok. You go ahead" and then kissed her cheek. She pushed herself up from the couch and walked down the hall to the guest room. 

"Do you guys want to go to the gym today?" I asked Justin and Josh "You know....Because you left without me yesterday" I added trying to guilt trip them into going

"I'm pretty wrecked from yesterday" Josh answered. 

"Yeah same. We can go on Saturday though"Justin suggested. 

"I can go with you" Aaron quickly chipped in. I opened my mouth to reject his offer but he was too fast. "I'll go get ready" and then got up and left. I clenched my jaw in annoyance and went to my room. Aaron only wanted to tag along because he knew he pissed me off. I pushed through my anger and got dressed in a lilac gym set. I then threw a large black hoodie over it since I was feeling cold

 I then threw a large black hoodie over it since I was feeling cold

I then threw on a pair of white converse. I picked up my airpods and walked out my bedroom door. I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and downed a shot of protein powder. I instantly grimaced at the taste. Why do I do this to myself?

"Are you ready? I'm driving" I ignored him and moved past him. We said goodbye to everyone and headed out to his car. He unlocked it and we got in. The drive to the gym was silent except for the sound of the Ariana Grande singing God Is A Woman on the radio. He reached over to turn the radio down "Are you mad at me or something" he asked. 

Did he really just ask me that? He and I both knew the answer to that question. "No" I mumbled. I then reached over to turn the volume up. He stared at me for a few seconds before returning his gaze to the road. After another ten minutes we arrived at the gym. I went off to do my own thing and so did he. I started off light cardio before I started doing core strengthening exercises. I looked over at Aaron and saw him lifting weights. He made it look so easy. I decided to move onto lifting weights for squats. I started off with 135 lbs and began to increase it. As I added more weights, I could see Aaron from my periphel vision approach me. 

"Do you need a spot?" he asked. He was slightly sweaty and was eyeing the weights I had added suscipously. 

"I'm good thanks" The insolence in my voice was clearer than ever. He stood back and walked away slowly. I took a deep breath and placed the bar over my shoulders. I wrapped my arms around the silver metal bar tightly and took a step forward. I winced at how heavy the weights were. Maybe this was a bad idea but I knew Aaron was watching. I bent my knees and squatted down. That wasn't so bad. I tried lifting myself up. Keyword: tried. My legs shook and I began to panic. The bar was lifted off my shoulders at once and I whirled around to see Aaron placing the bar back on the stand. 

"I had it under control" I Gritted out. 

He stepped up closer to me and narrowed his eyes. "You should be thanking me. You could have seriously injured yourself. What the hell is wrong with you today?"

I ignored his question and grabbed my stuff from the floor. "We're leaving" I didn't want to be here anymore but also because my legs felt like they were on fire. I didn't give him time to protest and left the gym. The drive back was painfully more silent than the drive to the gym. He didn't even turn on the radio. When parked at the apartment complex I immediately made a move to open the door, but Aaron was quicker. He locked the doors before I could open them. 

"Open the door Aaron" It wasn't plead it was more of a demand. 

"Not until you tell me what's going on. Why are you mad at me? Is it seriously because I showed Kiara, my girlfriend should I add our spot?" 

"Yes Aaron well done, you finally fucking figured it out!" I said with sarcasm. "Do you want me to clap for you?" I shouted.

"You're acting like child" He raised his voice, "If your jealous just-"

"I'm Jealous?" I laughed hysterically. "I'm not the one who argued with my date when he showed up at the door" He opened his mouth to speak but I silenced him. "I've had enough of your bullshit Aaron. I want you to leave" I said without thinking.

"Then I will! Kiara and I will have a lot more freedom being in a hotel" 

God he infuriates me. 

"Fine screw each other on the fucking ceiling for all I care" I yelled. I grabbed my phone and airpods which were in my lap. Aaron grabbed my upper arm and jerked me towards him so his mouth was close to my ear. The action made my heart race rapidly. 

"I think you and I both know why you're mad right now" He whispered lowly. He unlocked the door and released me. I instantly got of the car and slammed the door shut. I walked up to the apartment with Aaron not too far behind me. 

"Hey we are having barbecue today...woah what's wrong" Veronica asked as she noticed how angry and tense I looked my anger. I brushed past her and walked into my room but not before hearing what Aaron said. 

"Kiara grab your stuff! We are leaving" Aaron shouted