Chapter thirteen

Sierra's pov

I woke up with a growing headache. I groaned and shut my eyes tightly. I leaned over the bed to grab advil and my bottle of water. After swallowing the tablet I flopped back down on my bed. I then remembered the event from last night and snapped my eyes open. Oh shit. How could something feel so wrong but so right? My fingers went to my lips as I remembered the tingly feeling. I also realised it was the first time in three years since I kissed somebody and the fact that the last person I kissed was Aaron didn't help matters. I really fucked things up? Didn't I?

I dragged myself to the kitchen to get breakfast where I found Veronica sipping a cup of coffee by the island. She was already dressed for the day. "Good morning" I yawned and grabed the pot of coffee next to her. After coming home from last night I told Veronica everything...except the part where I made out with somebody's boyfriend. 

"We are meeting up with Aaron and Kiara at the skate park" Veronica announced. I took a seat beside her and poured the coffee into my favourite purple mug.

"Give me thirty minutes to get ready" 

Veronica gave me weird look. "Are you sure you want to come with? Doesn't Kiara hate you now?" Veronica asked with a raised eyebrow. "I doubt she wants to see you"

"I'm going to try and change that today" I then stood up and picked up my mug off the counter. "Don't leave without me" I called over shoulder as I returned back to my room. After doing my makeup and hair I finally got dressed in a white long sleeve with a tshirt pulled over it and ripped blue denim jeans that I stole from Mia's closet.

 After doing my makeup and hair I finally got dressed in a white long sleeve with a tshirt pulled over it and ripped blue denim jeans that I stole from Mia's closet

I headed out my bedroom door and made my way over to the storage room to grab my skateboard. After Aaron taught me how to skateboard three years ago, I've been doing it ever since. Veronica, Mia and I usually go skateboarding with Justin and Josh whenever we can, depending on the weather and every single time either Justin or Josh gets injured. As I grabbed my skateboard I realised that mine was the only one sitting against the wall. They must be waiting for me. I quickly grabbed my skateboard and rushed into the living room. 

"Okay I'm ready" 

"Finally" Josh mumbled. We took Justin's car to the skateboard park as it was quite far away. Unfortunately the skateboard park was packed which. "Where's Aaron and Kiara?" I asked, expecting them to already be here. 

"They are probably on their way" Mia shrugged. I nodded my head but I felt so nervous. I couldn't tell if it was because Kiara despises my guts or if its because I kissed her boyfriend. Either way the situation wasn't good. We started skating inside the bowl until they arrived. 

"I need a drink" I said as I got off my skateboard. 

"Me too" Josh agreed. We walked over to the bench on the opposite end of the park. 

"So what happened last night?" He asked as he handed me a bottle of water. 

I shrugged and took a swing of my water. "Aaron and I just talked" I simplified leaving out the one major detail.

"So you guys are good?" 

"Yeah but I'm pretty sure Kiara wants to burn me alive" I joked 

"Oh yeah it's written all over her face"  he confirmed. I looked at him confused and realised he wasn't looking at me but looking over my head. I turned my head over my left shoulder and watched as Aaron and Kiara walked closer and closer to us with each step. They were walking hand in hand. In Aarons free hand he held a black and dark blue skateboard. I immediately recognised it as the one he Josh was right. Kiara held so much hatred in her eyes. It made me nervous because I didn't know exactly why she was mad. Was it because she thought I wanted her boyfriend? Or did Aaron tell her about our sneaky link last night? Either way I knew I was screwed.

Josh stood up and did his handshake with Aaron. I followed suit, standing next to Josh. Aaron looked over at me and gave me a small side smile. I smiled back "Hey"

"Hey I didn't know you still had the skateboard" I laughed 

"Yeah its pretty old but I like it" He reciproacted and looked down at his board.

Kiara looked between Aaron and I with a frown on her face. "You guys are talking again? Since when"

My eyes flickered to Aaron who was already staring at me. Everything then clicked. He never told Kiara that he was meeting up with last night. That was a relief. That means she wasn't mad at for kissing her boyfriend. I cleared my throat. "It was just over the phone" I nervousuly laughed, shifting my weight from my left foot to my right. "Actually can I talk to you for a second?" I directed my question to Kiara. 

Aaron must have caught on to my words and dropped his skateboard to the concrete. I'm gonna test this bowl out" and with that he was off. Josh hurried after him, leaving just Kiara and I. She let out a dramatic sigh as she sank down to the floor. "I-"

"Just because you made up with Aaron doesn't mean you made up with me" She sneered. 

"I understand but I really want you to know that I'm truly sorry. I admit, I was being a bitch. I promise you I'm never like that" I reassured.

She didn't say anything for a while and It suddenly got very awkward between us as we watched people skate. I twiddled with my fingers and picked at my nail polish trying to figure out our next conversation starter. "Why?" she asked out of nowhere.

I turned to face her. "Why what?"

"Why were you mad that he took me to your spot?" she rephrased. 

"I don't know...I guess I just have a lot of memories attached there. It doesn't matter though I overreacted and I was out of line" I sighed.

She nodded her head. "Fair enough but Sierra I want you to know that Aaron and I have never had complications with our relationship for the last three years. Don't be the reason that changes" she warned. She then stood up and made her way over to Aaron but then turned back to me. "Oh and I forgive you but I'm watching you"

I released a breath. I'm going to have to be more careful of my actions now. I watched as she walked away and waved Aaron over. He skated over to her and briefly looked at me before looking back at Kiara. He took her hand and helped her onto the skateboard. Just watching them reminded me of when Aaron first taught me how to skateboard. I immediately looked away and walked over to Veronica and Mia who were watching Justin and Josh. 

"Did you sort it out Kiara?" Veronica asked. 

"Yeah we are okay now" I answered 

I think?