Chapter eighteen

Sierra's POV

"Hi! Can I please have a grande vanilla latte please?" The cashier nodded and smiled and put the order in. I sighed as I moved over to the collect window and waited for my coffee. The barista handed me my coffee and wished me a good day. I examined the room for a cozy spot and then made over to a small table beside a window and set my things down. At the time, lying to Aaron and Kiara about meeting Jaden's parents was the perfect excuse to get out of dinner, but now that lie has come to bite me in the ass. Originally I had asked Jaden if he wanted to hang out with me this afternoon to make it seem like we were meeting his parents but he told me his father needed him at the country club. I guess this is karma for lying considering we still have to go out for dinner tonight. So here I am, at Starbucks, with all my study materials from nursing school. I know it's summer but I still like to occasionally study to keep my mind refreshed on all the material.  

Two hours into my study session my phone started buzzing indicating I have an incoming phone call from Jaden. "Hey" he greeted

"Hey, how's the country club going?" I asked leaning back against the chair

"It's going great. Dad went to the bathroom so I have a few minutes to talk. I just need to know what the plan is for tonight"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, will I be picking you up?"

Right I forgot about that. "Yeah you can pick me up. Kiara texted me this morning that we should be there by seven"

"Cool..Oh shit I gotta go, I'll see you in a few hours, don't forget you must dress to impress, bye" he rushed out and then hung up the phone. Ok then. I turned my phone off and went back to studying for another hour. After I felt confident on my anatomy and physiology I packed up my things and walked out to my car. 

"I'm home!" I announced 20 minutes later. When I was met with silence I knew something was wrong because it's never quiet in this apartment and that's mainly the boys fault. "Guys?" I called out. I walked into the living room and found a note on the table. 

Tried texting you but your're not answering. Went out for drinks. We won't be back till late x. 

I turned on my phone and sure enough all the messages flooded in. Great. I was hoping the girls would keep me company while I get ready. I guess not. 

I made my way into my room and started getting ready for tonight. I silently cursed myself when I realised I don't have a dress to wear. So I did the only thing I could think of which was to raid Mia's and Veronica's closet. After scanning through their clothes I settled on Mia's small black dress with a slit down the side. 

I dabbed some makeup on my skin and pushed my hair into a low claw clip and pulled out a few hairs around my face so I wouldn't look like an egg

I dabbed some makeup on my skin and pushed my hair into a low claw clip and pulled out a few hairs around my face so I wouldn't look like an egg. When the doorbell rang I ran down the corrider to open the door. "Where's your shoes?" Jaden questioned staring down at my light pink pedicured feet. 

"Ugh one second" I muttered and turned back on my heels to find some shoes. "You can come in" I yelled over shoulder. I opened my closet and browsed through my shoes. I felt heels would look best with what I'm wearing but I really wanted to wear my flats. I took down a pair of black heels and a pair of ballerina flats. As I walked over to my bed to try the shoes, Jaden walked in. I noticed that he was wearing a simple black T-shirt with black jeans but he looked really good regardless. "Which ones?" I asked. I slipped on one flat on my left foot and one of the heels on my right. When I didn't get an answer, I looked up and saw his gaze was fixated on my exposed legs. Oh God. "Uh Jaden?" 

"Huh" he shook his head to wake him up from his trance. 

"Which shoes?" I asked again pointing to my feet

"Right..yeah the heels will good on you" he finally answered but the light tint on his cheeks didnt go unnoticed. I nodded my head and switched the flats for the other heel. I grabbed my bag and my phone. 

"Okay I'm ready let's go" We walked out of the apartment and down to his car to which he opened the car door for me, like the gentleman he is. 

"So on a scale of one to ten how bad do you think this double date is going to go?" I asked 

"Well considering the fact you and Aaron can't be in the same room for more than ten minutes without you two going at each others heads..I'd rather not like to think how bad this will end" he replied.

"Fair enough" I shrugged. There was a moment of silence. I looked out the window and admired the beautiful New York night life. I could never get tired of this city. The city lights are just something you will never get bored of.

"Why do you like him so much?" He didn't need to say a name for me to understand who he was talking about. "You do realise you could do so much better than him"

"Really like who?" I laughed

"I dont know..."he trailed off "but trust me there's way better guys than him out there. Plus this is New York! You're telling me you have never once seen an attractive guy here?"

"Ok I never said that. I know there's attractive guys here but I guess when you really like someone everyone else just doesn't really matter you, if that makes sense" I explained. Jaden didn't say anthing and kept his eyes on the road for the duration of the journey. After ten minutes we pulled up in front of a cute chineese shop. I scanned the car park and immediately noticed Aaron's jeep which got my heart racing. 

"You ready?" he asked. 

"Yeah but how do I look?" I looked into the overhead mirror and reaplied my lipgloss. 

"Beautiful"

I looked over at him and gave him a big smile. "Then I'm so ready for this"