The Anniversary

*After the Making Music With Our Bodies Game Bang*

“Hey, we really should clean this up,” Anthony said with such regret in his voice.

“Do we have to? Our reservation is in 45 minutes and we have to get ready,” Ian worried.

“Hey, you two go have fun on your 3 year anniversary. I still can’t believe, 3 years ago, on January 23, Anthony asked Ian on a date. Ah, so romantic!” Mari was so happy for the two lovebirds. She looked nervously at her feet, hiding a secret.

“Yeah, the only two in a relationship should go out for their date,” David said with a touch of sadness as he shifted his gaze at Mari, who was looking at her feet, and then quickly looked back at Anthony and Ian. Anthony noticed him, but didn’t say anything.

“I wonder if the rest of us will find someone who complements us as great as you to do each other,” Sohinki said, knowing there was something between David and Mari, but hoping it wasn't serious. Sohinki had always had a small crush on Mari that had only grown over the last few years. He really wished he had the courage to ask her out. Joven was a different story. He didn’t have a crush on anyone in the smash games crew. He was crushing on Dannielle. He liked the way her pink hair looked against her eyes. 

“I would love to help clean up, but I have a date,” Joven was proud of himself for having a date.

“With Dannielle?” Mari asked. 

“Yep!”

“How cute! You two would be great for each other!”

“Thanks Mar. I have to go, but I’ll tell you all about it later! Bye!” Then he left to go on his date. Followed by Ian and Anthony. 

“So I guess we have to clean this up?” Sohinki asked.

“I think Mari and I can clean this mess up if you want to go home,” David really wanted Sohinki to go home so he and Mari could be alone.

“No, I’ll help. Um, Mari. Could you take the connect to the other room?”

“Sure,” She grabbed the connect and walk over to the other room. 

“What’s going on between you and Mari?”

“What?”

“I know there’s something going on between you too!”

“There’s nothing between us!”

“You so like her!”

“We went on one date! I didn’t feel anything. She did! I didn’t want to hurt her feelings, so I played along!”

“Really?” Mari sobbed in the doorway.

“Mari, wait!” He went to hug her.

“Get away from me! I thought you really liked me, but you’re just like the rest of them! Jerks!” She ran back to the room with the connect.

David went to run after her.

“Let me talk to her. If you try, we may only hear screaming,” He walked down the hall and knocked on the door.

“Go away David!”

“It’s Sohinki.”

“You can come in,” He opened the door and sat down next to her on the floor.

“I thought he really liked me,” She leaned on Sohinki’s shoulder.

“Hey, he just wanted to be friends. Don’t hate him.”

“I guess it’s for the best.”

“Why?”

“‘Cause he’s not the one I really, really like.”

“Who do you like?”

“You.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, but I doubt you feel the same way.”

“But I do.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, I’ve always liked you,” He pulled her in for a hug and she hugged him back. They sat there for hours, just curled up on the floor, not saying anything. Eventually, Mari fell asleep. Sohinki picked her up and carried into the room he and David were in before. David had left hours ago. Ian and Anthony came into the room after their date to get Ian's car keys. 

“That was such an amazing date Anthony!”

“You’re so very welcome,” He pulled Ian into a kiss.

“Shh, Mari’s alseep.”

“I thought you would have left by now,” Ian said, obviously wishing he had some more alone time with Anthony.

“Long story, I’ll tell you tomorrow.”

“Ok…”

“How are you going to get Mari home?” Anthony wondered.

“I truly don’t know.”

“We could take you home in our car,” Ian suggested.

“Really, thanks.” Sohinki followed Ian and Anthony out the door carrying Mari and making sure she didn't wake up.

“Where was David?” Ian asked.

“Yeah, I thought he and Mari had a thing.”

“They did, well, they didn't really. They went on a date and he led Mari on. She not mad, well, not AS mad.”

“Oh, so are you gonna take Mari to her house, or should we just take you two to your house and she can sleep on the couch or something?”

“Just go to my house.” Ian turned on to Sohinki’s road.

“Thanks for the ride,” He picked up Mari and carried her inside. He put her on the couch with a pillow and blanket and we to his room, “Night, Mar.”