She needs to know (alternate ending)

David's POV
Why didn't they let me die? They should have. I deserve it. It has to be better than staring at this plain white ceiling.
"TELL ME WHERE HE IS!"
"Miss Takahashi, please go back to your room." Mari, no, I want to die. I don't want her to see me like this. Maybe I can jump out the window. Is it high enough? I'm only on the second floor...
"Um, sir," a doctor peeked in my room, " may we bring in a lady named Mari Takahashi?" Why not. Maybe she'll put me out of my misery. I nod my head. He walks out an brings in Mari. She still has the mark from the gash on her forehead. She looks at me, almost mad. He didn't tell her. She doesn't need to know. It's my fault.
"David, what in your right mind would make you try that?" What? Did they? No.
"They told me. Everything."
"Mari, I love you..."
"David..." She falls to the floor.
"MARI!! SOMEONE HELP!!" Doctors rush in and pick her up and carry her out.
"Mari..."

2 years later

"Mari... Are you ok?" I said to her. It was 2 years after the car accident. The coma. The attempt. My life took a turn for the worst. Her heart failed on her shortly after she woke up. They needed a replacement and I was whiling to give mine up for her to live. I didn't want to live anyway, but I wasn't the right blood type. The hospital just had another patient die and they were an organ donator. It cost a lot of money but the guys and I got enough to pay for the transplant. She lived, we all did. Now, she still needs help, but she's turned back to dancing as a coping mechanism. She takes medicine to help, but I still worry. We aren't together, neither are her and Matt, but we're all happy. Mari met a guy named Peter and he's super nice. He ask me and the guys for our blessing to propose to her. I can't wait for him to do it. I met someone else, Sabrina, and I couldn't be happier with her. I don't think Matt ever found someone else, but he seems content with his life. I guess it all worked out in the end.
"Yes David. I'm ok. Thanks for inviting me and Peter and all the guys over for diner."
"Yeah, it seems like one special night."