David

So I decided to do this from the characters POV's because people hate third person. If you want me to go back to third person, just leave it in the comments. Thanks! :)
David's POV
Mari looked at me as if I were a science experiment after I told my mistake. I guess she would have thought it was about her. I know all about her staying at Sohinki's house. I said that to get him off my case even though I really like her. But no, she just had to hear it too. Maybe I can win her back if I talk to her, alone. No one else there, just me and her. I walk over to her.
"Hey Mari, can we talk after work. There's something I need to tell you."
"Can't you tell me now?"
"No, I need to tell you when they're not around. I'm sorry, but it means to much for me to tell you now." She nodded and agreed after work was best. Sohinki came and hugged Mari. It made me sick. He was my best friend until now. I hated him. I walked up to them and ask Mari if now was a good time and we walked outside the office. I'm almost positive Sohinki was watching us threw the window.
"Mari, I'm sorry about the whole thing. I only said that to get Sohinki off of our case. I really really did, I mean, I do like you." She looked at me in awe.
"Really?" She asked.
"Yea." She pulled me into a hug. My phone buzzed, but I didn't bother to check it, I was afraid to mess up this moment with Mari.
"I would love to continue to hug you, but we have to record a GTA Smosh." She pulled away and walked in the building. I check my message and it was from Sohinki, Get the hell away from Mari.