special day.

meanwhile, jungkook had woken up and was getting ready for the day. he had brushed his teeth and was now changing his clothes. he decided on a hoodie and a pleated skirt, which in jungkook's opinion, was the perfect 'comfy but cute' outfit.

he continues to groom himself, putting on light makeup as it was a special day. he puckers his lips and applies lip gloss, the shiny sheen coating his pout, making him look even more gorgeous than usual.

as a final touch, he clips a pretty pink bow in his curls. it contrasts beautifully with his freshly dyed hair.

jungkook had complained he was tired of his hair always being the same brown shade. his boyfriend had laughed at the boy, and suggested he switch it up completely and dye it blonde.

jungkook absolutely loved it, hands going up to fluff his curls with a sigh. he admired his reflection in the mirror with a satisfied look. "okay," he chirped. "all done." jungkook closed the drawer of his boudoir, silently hoping for taehyung to notice and praise his extra sweet appearance.

stepping out of the room, jungkook caught the sight of an unfamiliar tuft of pink hair from behind the couch. he lifted a brow but continued to the kitchen.

his ears drooped slightly when he realised taehyung wasn't cooking his favourite choc-chip pancakes for breakfast. he pouted because taehyung had promised to make it for him today.

circling around the counter, he saw taehyung sitting on the ground. his ears perked up at the sight of the male. "tae? what are you doing?"

taehyung broke his gaze from jimin as his excited eyes met the blonde's. "oh kook! say hi to jimin!"

"jimin..?" jungkook saw the boy look up with shy eyes, his own doe eyes surprised as the other lifted up a sweater paw to greet him. what was jimin doing here?

taehyung noticed the questioning look jungkook had on his face so he began to explain. "yoongi had an important meeting so i told him i'd look after jiminie for a while." jungkook's mouth turned into an 'o', nodding.

"is he staying for long?" jungkook asks. "just for a few hours, until yoongi's finished." taehyung turns back to look at jimin before jungkook can say anything in return.

a feeling of annoyance rises in jungkook because of all days, jimin had to come over today.

he doesn't really like jimin. not that jimin is bad, oh no-jimin is the opposite of anything bad. the boy is an absolute angel. it's just, jimin always seems to be the centre of attention.

"tae?" taehyung's eyes flittered quickly to jungkook. "yeah?" jungkook looked bashful as he showed off his outfit. "don't i look pretty today?"

"yeah baby." taehyung gave him a small smile before resuming his gaze to jimin, leaving jungkook feeling embarrassed as he stood awkwardly, posing at the kitchen counter.

normally, taehyung would be telling him how precious he looked, showering him in kisses and hugs. but today, nothing.

"um tae?" jungkook wrung his hands. "are you gonna um-make pancakes?" taehyung didn't even bother to look up. "what? not today kook, you know we only have pancakes for special occasions. just have the cereal like you normally do." he said nonchalantly as he played with jimin's soft hair.

the pout returned on jungkook's lips. frustrated, he reaches for the box of cereal on the top shelf. 'but today IS a special day!' he thought, arched brows scrunched up as the cereal flakes are poured into the ceramic bowl a little too harshly.

//

on the other hand, taehyung is rather occupied with the pink haired boy to notice jungkook torturing the cereal box.

he strokes lightly against the side of jimin's head. "what are you doing jiminie?" taehyung smiles softly. jimin shuffles across the floor, quickly setting up his brushes. "i'm painting." he replies simply. taehyung grins. "oh that sounds fun, can i join?"

jimin looks at taehyung, unsure, but gives taehyung a blank piece of canvas paper nonetheless. "um ok you can, but make sure you don't mix the paints in the pans. i don't like it when it gets all messy."

"oh sure jiminie, no problem. i don't like it when my paints get mixed too." taehyung grins. "oh? taetae you paint too?" a intrigued look melts onto jimin's face, his tone more excited now that he knows taehyung paints as well.

taehyung internally squeals because, oh my heavens jimin just called him taetae. "i like painting a lot, i consider myself to be quite good at it." taehyung says proudly.

jimin leans in a bit closer. "what do you like painting? i like to paint flowers, animals, yoongi hyungie-oh! and-" taehyung stops the animated boy and chuckles. "slow down jimin-ah, you're talking too fast i can't keep up."

jimin blushes, a peachy shade bleeding onto his cheeks. taehyung coos and pinches the boy's chubby cheek before gesturing him to continue.

jungkook rolls his eyes at the two's interaction from the kitchen bench. 'hmph dumb jimin. i have to eat boring cereal instead of tae's pancakes because of him.'

a few moments later, his bowl of cereal is forgotten when he sees the pretty wrapped present sitting on the coffee table. jungkook's fluffy ears perk up. 'i knew he didn't forget,' jungkook blushes inwardly. the present must be for him. he's about to take the gift box when taehyung calls for him.

"kook-ah! can you bring that box over here? the one with a big yellow bow on top?"

jungkook didn't think much of it as he walked towards his boyfriend, eyes shining with expectancy.

until taehyung took it from his hands and gave it to jimin.

jungkook's mind went blank as he looked at him confusedly. taehyung didn't notice his boyfriend's disappointment.

"thanks kook-i nearly forgot about this! i prepared a welcome gift for you jimin!" taehyung's voice cheery.

jimin looked at taehyung with a twinkle in his eye as he accepted the present with much appreciation.

at the same time, jungkook returned to the kitchen counter feeling abandoned, continuing to munch dejectedly on the now soggy cereal.