bully.

the atmosphere at dinner was awkward and quiet. and taehyung's worry only increased. jungkook had always been quite the talker during dinner, even if his chubby bunny cheeks were stuffed with food. but right now, jungkook just sat stiffly in his seat and ate his food without a sound.

taehyung isn't sure jungkook wants to talk yet so he initiates conversation with jimin instead. "so jimin, what are you studying at the moment?" jimin blushes, the attention now on him. "oh um-i'm studying contemporary dance." he says, twirling the strands of spaghetti on his fork.

"oh wow! that's great! jungkook studies dance too, you guys should collab sometime." the dead silence that follows is deafening. taehyung internally groans, hoping for anything to make the situation better.

a ring sounded from the door. taehyung perked up at the noise and stood up immediately. "uh-i'm just gonna check who's at the door! you guys um-keep talking?" both jungkook and jimin looked up at him with unreadable looks in their eyes. taehyung mentally slapped himself.

"haha um-be right back." he discreetly sprinted away from the uncomfortable scene.

jungkook and jimin were all alone now. jimin internally screamed. 'why did it just get even more awkward.'

"s-so, erm jungkook? we d-don't really know each other, b-but i really w-wanna be your friend. c-can you give me a c-chance?" a breath escaped from jimin's lips. he did it. even though he was stuttering, jimin was hellbent on becoming jungkook's friend.

silence.

jimin tried again, this time he made sure not to stutter.

"i said i wanna-"

"i heard you the first time."

a grin slowly took place on jimin's face, furry tail flicking in anticipation, until jungkook killed his hope again.

"i don't care. don't talk to me. i don't want to be your friend. i hate you."

jimin stilled. the words 'i hate you' replaying over and over again in his head. he felt his eyes begin to water.

jungkook's face was stony as he looked at him dead in the eyes.

"you come into our house. on my special day. you cuddle my boyfriend."

jimin's breath hitched, face turning beet red.

"you took all of his attention, and now he doesn't even look at me! he even stopped calling me baby!"

jungkook rants, his pain forming into sharp knives that dig into jimin's heart.

"you're the one who ruined everything. you always get in the way. do you really think you're that special? taehyung loves me." jungkook spit, every word filled with poison.

having enough, jimin snaps. "why are you always s-so mean to me! i just w-wanna be y-your friend. what's wrong with y-you!" jungkook's eyes glare dangerously at jimin before he yanks jimin's ratty blanket away.

now it's jimin's turn to be angry. "HEY!" jungkook ignores the other's shout as he smirks. "let's see how much you have left to say when i do this-" he holds the bowl of spaghetti in his hand, the noodles threatening to spill out if he tilts it anymore.

jimin's heart stills as he stops grabbing at the other man, big fat tears rolling down his cherub cheeks. "n-no! jungkook stop!" jungkook rolls his eyes. "all of this crying, over a stupid blanket? you're so dumb."

it's at this point where jimin's 'save blanket mode' activates. yoongi gave him this blanket, so it's very dear to him. he shoves jungkook roughly and attempts to take his blanket back. of course, jungkook is much stronger so his plan fails spectacularly.

in fact, he only makes jungkook more mad.

time seems to pause.

the damage is done when the blonde dumps the bowl over jimin's head, the red sauce and limp spaghetti noodles dripping down his face. jungkook goes one step further and smushes the blanket all over jimin's face, the yellow fabric staining with the liquid.

jimin is in shock. jungkook smirks triumphantly.

"that'll teach you to mess with me."

jimin's bottom lip wobbles. his body shaking.

"you fucking bully."

jungkook's eyes widened. jimin had swore at him.

"what. did you say."

jimin glared. and yelled back.

"i said-YOU FUCKING BULLY-"

"you fucking bitch-" jungkook's hand raised swiftly to slap the shit out of him-just as taehyung walked back inside.

"yes, thank you so much for the food hyunsook-ssi! i'll make sure we enjoy all of it!" taehyung chuckles. "look at all the food we got! jimin, my neighbour even gave us mochi, i know you lik-"

taehyung paused. he looked at jungkook. then jimin. there was silence.

until all hell broke loose.