moonlight.

after cleaning jimin up and sending him back to yoongi, taehyung cleans the mess left on the dining table and heads to the bedroom.

he apologised profusely to his friend, but the look on yoongi's face shows that he will never let taehyung look after jimin ever again.

he sighs, and grimaces at the fact that he has to face jungkook now. he wonders how the next few minutes will unfold.

the door creaks as he quietly steps inside. the darkness of the room makes it hard for taehyung to see where jungkook actually is.

"jungkook?"

no reply.

"kook? baby?"

a quiet shuffle on the ground can be heard. taehyung squints and frowns when he sees the small heap on the ground. jungkook.

taehyung exhaled slowly, he hadn't seen jungkook act like this in a long time.

jungkook lifted his head and taehyung's heart broke at the sight.

the boy's eyes were puffy and red rimmed, pink lips torn and bloody from biting too hard. even still, jungkook was beautiful. his delicate features basking in the moonlight.

"baby i-"

"taehyung."

taehyung went mute, the blankness of his lover's expression causing his insides to swirl with panic.

"j-jungkook, come sit on the bed. let's talk-"

"let's break up."

taehyung was shocked. he expected jungkook to cry, scream, yell at him.

what he hadn't expected was for jungkook to say that he wanted to break up. the latter's dull voice echoed in his head.

taehyung's heart pounded viciously as he approached jungkook. "what are you-what are you saying jungkook? what do you mea-" jungkook stood up.

"i'm saying. let's break up."

taehyung searched jungkook's face for any sign that he was joking. he couldn't find anything. jungkook was emotionless. taehyung began to fear.

"baby why are you being like this? is this because of the cake? b-because i didn't play the video game with you? i swear i'll play as m-many games as you want. i'll do anything you want." taehyung pleaded desperately, the realisation setting in. jungkook was being serious.

jungkook blinked, a single tear sliding down his porcelain cheek. he gave taehyung a wobbly smile. "taehyung, i can't be with you."

a million thoughts ran through taehyung's mind. 'this-this can't be happening.' it was as if his entire world had been ripped from his grasp, only painful emptiness filling the never ending void.

"what are you-jungkook! why are you saying you can't be with me?" jungkook was only an arm's distance away but taehyung felt so far away. more tears blurred his vision.

jungkook's heart shattered at the sight of taehyung.

"i'm not good enough."

taehyung chokes, raspy breaths escaping irregularly as he tries to stop crying. "what-jungkook how can you say that?"

jungkook turns away and taehyung's heart lurches in his throat because he wants to see the beautiful boy so badly.

"you deserve more than someone like me. i'm nothing. i-i'm not worth it." jungkook is breaking inside, his heart pounding with a thousand protests.

but it's what's right. he needs to do this. for taehyung's sake.

taehyung shakes his head violently and wipes his tears roughly with one swipe of his arm. he hurriedly hugs jungkook from the back, making the other gasp in surprise.

"don't say that." taehyung's heartbeat quickens as he breathes in jungkook's faint freesia perfume. the scent intoxicating and so very...jungkook.

"i won't let you to say you are nothing. you are everything. you make me feel whole jungkook, you make me feel alive."

a restrained whimper escapes jungkook's throat.

"no. i-i'm not-."

taehyung spins jungkook around, closing the space between them.

"jeon jungkook. i love you."

jungkook's composure breaks, shaky cries erupting from the blonde's mouth. taehyung just holds him, his own tears pouring as he watches the love of his life painfully.

taehyung caresses his face gently, the boy letting out loud hiccups. and finally, their lips slot together.

the passionate kiss brings a rush of relief, it breathes life back into the both of them as taehyung holds jungkook's small waist firmly while the latter entwines his fingers in the other's wild locks.

eventually, they break apart gasping for air. rosy lips tingling and swollen with love. taehyung rubs jungkook's back slowly, as he sniffles; the tears drying on his sticky cheeks. they remain quiet as they hold each other close in a moment of peace, embracing while gazing at the bright moon above.