Chapter 6 - The Festival

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:
This chapter is coming a bit earlier than planned, and its also bigger than usual. The reason for that is cuz I need to study for my next week exams so I'll go offline for some 10~12 days. My advice is to not read all of it in one go. Or do. It's not like I can stop you.

Regardless, have a good read and I'll see you later!

Y/N POV:

Even if I wasn't under pressure, it would still be hard to come up with an adequate explanation of my current situation.

"Miku, let me explain." I pleaded as she watched me from the second floor.

"Yeah, I'll let you. You have 10 words before I call the police."

"I'm gonna need more than just 10 words."

"Now you only have 2." She crossed her arms.

I let go of Nino – properly this time, but she was still starring at me with a lost gaze. She hadn't gotten her contacts yet so she might not be able to defend me in this situation. Not that I think she would anyway.

"The books," I said, pointing down.

"What?"

I just kept staring at her.

"Ok, you can say more than 10 words."

"You were about to go in the shower, right? But you heard the noise of something falling and you came to check out what it was. It was these books."

"That still doesn't explain why you were about to molest my sister."

"I wasn't!" I said, "I came here to retrieve Fuutarou's handbook but then I saw Nino in the living room. Not wanting to get myself into this exact situation, I announced my presence and avoided looking at her while I got the handbook. She then decided to get her contacts but in the process, almost got hit in the head by the books falling from the cabinet. I was trying to shield her."

Miku narrowed her eyes, "Is that true, Nino?"

"I... don't know." She said.

"I even told you to watch out for the books! I have no interest in doing anything of the sort to you, especially when I knew that Miku was here. I may be a dumbass, but I'm not dumb."
"You... don't?"

"Of course not! Do you know how much jail time I can get for that?!"

"That is quite convincing, but your position is still pretty incriminating," Ichika said.

"Holy shit, when did you teleport in here?" I said, seeing Itsuki and Ichika staring at us from the entrance hall.

"Some 30 seconds. We just arrived." Itsuki said, "And you should get going."

Nino looked conflicted. The other three kept looking at me like my very existence was heresy. I can't blame them though They're acting exactly like I would if I was in this situation.

"You're right Itsuki." I said, "I'm sorry for this commotion, guys. I'll take my leave."

I began to make my way to the exit while Miku and Itsuki stared daggers at me. But then Ichika barged in.

"I think I know a way to solve this." She said, "If he was trying to shield Nino, there should be a few bruises on his back."

"What are you trying to get at?" Itsuki asked.

"If his back is bruised, he's innocent. Else, he's guilty."

"Sounds like you're just coming up with an excuse to get him to lift his shirt." Miku said.