Chapter 27 - Introspection and Improvement

Y/N POV:

The week is going by relatively quickly, but I must admit that carrying out the sessions by myself has been tougher than I expected. I can only imagine what a nightmare it would have been for Fuutarou if he had to tutor those five dorks alone. I doubt even someone like him would be able to prepare them all in time.

It was now Friday, and if the school's schedule is anything to go by, this was the last day of solace before the teachers start raining down new stuff for us to study. I was absorbed in thought when two hands covered my vision.

"Guess who?" Nino said, giggling.

"Obama?"

"What?! No!"

"I was pretty close though, wasn't I?"

She lifted my chin up and kissed me, "Can't you tell it's me, dummy?"

"Never would have guessed."

She scoffed, walking around me and taking the seat in front of me, "Whatever. I wanted to tell you some good news. I've talked to dad and to the coordinator and starting next week, The two of us will be in the same class for the afternoon period."

"Finally. Those were nigh unbearable to sit through."

"Same for me. But at least now they'll be slightly tolerable, right?"

"Definitely. And speaking of tolerable, Did you talk to Itsuki?" I asked.

"Pfft, nice segue," Nino said, "I tried."

"Tried?"

She leaned toward me, lowering her voice, "What did you two talk about on the balcony?"

"I'm not sure if it's in my place to tell you that."

"I promise I won't tell anyone."

"That's not what I'm worried about. I know you wouldn't. It's just that what she told me was something personal, and I doubt she would want me spreading this sort of information with anyone."

"But I'm not anyone! I'm her sister and your girlfriend."

"Indeed. But I'm sure there are some things that you'd rather keep a secret from me and from your sisters for whatever reason and that's ok."

She frowned a little. I took the moment between replies to retrieve the material for the next class from my backpack.

"Can't you at least tell me the general subject of your talk?"

I placed my notebook on the desk, flipping the pages slowly as I pondered. Nino tilted her head and looked at me, "You look worried."

"It's just that... what Itsuki said is something that I empathize with. It brought me back a few years."

"Is it something bad?"

"That's one way to put it," I said dismissively as I began to write today's date on the notebook.

Nino frowned, placing her hand over mine, "Now I'm worried about you too."

"Oh, nah. It's just a bad memory to me. But to Itsuki is the reality she's living on. I know that I'm giving you more questions than answers, but I really don't want to say something she wouldn't want me to say."

"You can tell me. I'm her sister and you're her friend. I'll deal with the consequences in case something happens."

Now I was the one frowning. I put my pen down, still holding a lost stare as I spoke, "I've talked to you about this before. I know that I can trust you, Nino, but I want Itsuki to trust me too. And breaking this trust with her, especially about this topic, is probably the worst move I could possibly make."