Chapter 13 - Preparations

Y/N POV:

Her lips felt so soft... it was such an enticing feeling that despite only lasting a second or two at most, I felt like I was flying.

I only noticed that she was embracing me when she let go. The doors of the elevator opened upon arriving on the ground floor. I was left stunned, but longing for more. We were still quite close. Our faces were mere inches apart as she gazed deeply into my eyes.

"Nino..."

"You owed me this kiss."

She gave a step back, still looking at me with a steadfast expression. She continued:

"I know what you're gonna say. Something on the lines of 'isn't it  too early for that?' Yes, it is. So I used the favor you owed me from earlier here just for this kiss." She said with her classic tsundere voice tone, "And right now, I wish I could slap you for making me wait for so long."

That boldness... she learned it from me, didn't she?

"Well? Say something!" She prodded.

"You've been... waiting?"

"Ever since that day you came to get Uesugi's handbook. I already liked you back then, but if I had to pinpoint the exact moment I fell for you, it was probably on that afternoon. All your subsequent actions just made me fall more and more since then."

The elevator's doors had closed again. She shakes her head:

"Dummy... you can't just toy with a girl's feelings the way you do. If you're doing that to someone like me, you'd better prepare for my retribution." She then opened the doors again and left the elevator, "C'mon you're gonna get us late."

I stood there like an idiot for yet a few more seconds, leaving only after being called yet again.

Holy shit... I did it. And it only took a little over a month. Technically, this is only the beginning of our relationship, so things are only going to get more interesting from now on.

On the entire way back to school, I kept imagining what would be of us two in the coming weeks, months, and even years. There are still many steps we must take before officializing the relationship. The way she put it, this kiss didn't count for real. It was just there to quench a desire we both had. When the real kiss comes, I'll make sure to make it grandiose. Something that will be forever marked in both our memories.

Before any of that, however, there are two quintessential (eyyy) things that must be done. Her sisters should probably know what's happening between us and I don't think I should be the one breaking the news. Second... and a bit more worrying. Her father might need to know as well. Maybe not of our relationship, but at least he should be aware that there are actually two guys tutoring his daughters.

"Why do you look so flustered?" She smugly said as we rounded the school's corner.

"How could I not look flustered after the elevator?"

"Heheh... it's like we've switched roles. It'll be nice to see you getting red for a change."

"That's cause you caught me completely by surprise back there. Don't get used to it."

"Oooh, I like the sound of that. It sounds like a challenge."

"A challenge?"

"You were only being able to get me flustered because I was letting you. Now that you already know of my intentions, I don't need to hide them anymore." She stopped walking, turning around in an elegant motion and pointing her finger at me, "Now I'll be the one driving you mad!"