Chapter 26: Take to the Sky

(⚠️ WARNING: THINGS GET A LITTLE STEAMY AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER, NOTHING TOO BAD I PROMISE JUST WANTED TO GIVE A HEADS UP IF THAT'S NOT YOUR CUP OF TEA⚠️)

It was time. She had earned all six Locator Cards she needed to enter the Battle City finals and now it was time to buckle up and get serious.

Ryoko stood next to Seto and Mokuba after they entered KaibaCorp Stadium via his company's chopper. Ryoko's eyes scanned the stadium and she had to admit that she was slightly disappointed. It was in the end stages of construction but still had a lot of work that needed to be done. It was not pristine nor anywhere near Seto's perfection-driven standards.

"Seto, we're not having the finals here are we?" She asked while continuing to look around. She saw several blocked off areas and danger zones, and didn't think it would take place here but with Seto you never can know.

"No, I have much more in store don't worry Ryoko. This tournament will be remembered for some time when we win." He said with a smirk. After the pair finished talking, Seto took a look around the arena and narrowed his eyes as they heard a faint laugh. Ryoko felt a chill run down her spine. It sounded all too familiar....

"Seto...." Ryoko whimpered, her body beginning to tremble as she stepped closer to him. Mokuba noticed her distress and swiftly flanked Ryoko's side as well.

"Turn on the lights! Illuminate the stadium, right now!" He commanded his men. Roland grabbed his communicator and relayed the order, soon the bright lights were shinning over every inch of the stadium.

"What is it Seto? Ry? What's wrong?" Mokuba asked, clearly worried as his sister leaned into his brother's side while she tried to regulate her breathing.

"We heard something. No one should enter the stadium without first reporting to me." Seto said as way of explanation while his eyes scanned through the stands looking for anything or anyone that shouldn't be there. The thing inside him was on high-alert, growling in warning at whatever presence it had felt with them in the stadium as the thing in Ryoko curled close to it's flank.

"Not to worry Mr. Kaiba, we will locate any and all trespassers." Seto didn't seem too convinced but their attentions were drawn to the entrance of the arena. There were several shadows approaching them.

"Hey look, the first three finalists; Joey, Yugi, and Mai," Mokuba said. Ryoko looked at him with a playful glare, "And what am I? Chopped liver?" She asked. He smiled at his sister playfully "You are too, sis," he added, earning a satisfied nod from the girl.

"This is it?" They heard Yugi ask.

"This place is still under construction," Duke stated the obvious.