4. Confession

The next couple of weeks go in a haze for Hoshikin, he was absent minded for their runnings, practice and classes all together. Luckily Shirabu was there to save him from doing anything stupid, but it was on multiple occasions that he'd mindlessly agree to go out with fangirls or forget what the teacher asked and even get hit by a ball that he didn't see coming. After a few such incidents, everyone was wondering what's going on with their kouhai.

         "Are you okay?" he heard this question at least a hundred times that day, but never from Ushijima. He is the quiet type but after almost hitting himself with a pair of dumbbells, the older teen is alerted.

         "Ee... I-" *just have you on my mind and after that dream I  can't focus on anything but you.* "I have a new move on my mind and just can't figure out how to execute it" he lies, averting his eyes from Ushijima's face into the ground.

         "Can I help? I have the key from the school court if you want" he offers, compelty oblivious of the blush on Hoshikin's cheeks that rises every time he looks at him. If only he knew just how loudly he makes a heart flutter.

          "Sure, I would appreciate it! But let's go to my house. It's still over an hour till sunset and not that cold outside so we can play there if you'd like." he shyly says, silently praying that he'd agree. It's not that the school court isn't much better, but having his senpai over would be a dream come true.

         In the end, the wordless nod makes him smile from ear to ear, a new kind of energy rising inside of him. This is really happening! *I'm not dreaming, I'm not dreaming, I'm not dreaming!* He is already doing the victory dance in his head even if they barely set to go.

         They didn't talk on the way, but Hoshikin was skipping the whole way there, happily smiling and just radiating with excitement. It is a sight that changed something for the olive eyed teen. He felt different, he just brushed it off for feeling his happiness but it was more. Maybe it was something contagious in the air but his mood was definitely a thousand times better when the brunette was around.

         They reach the destination quickly enough, as Hoskin opens the gate to a house that's definitely too big for just one person. There's no sound indicating that indeed he lived there alone, but everything looks well taken care of and neatly arranged. They leave their things inside before heading to the backyard where a gorgeous pool catches Ushijima's attention immediately.

        "Oh don't worry about the pool

        "Oh don't worry about the pool. It actually gets covered and the volley poles rise up from the ground. We just need to put up the net." Hoshikin explains, pushing a button and instantly another gray plate comes from the side, covering the pool completely.

         It was impressive. The young athlete had everything he needed to train in various ways at his disposal at all times. He could work on his stamina doing pool laps, muscle training using the gym equipment inside and anything related to volleyball with the normal sized court. This was awfully convenient, not to mention it's also very close to the school. Usually couldn't help but think about how much Hoshikin is training in his supposedly free time.