8. First Round

It's finally the day! Second of June and that means Interhigh Prefecture Preliminaries are here and who else could be more excited than Hoshikin? He's never seen highschool matches in Japan, barely played with two teams and moreover he's thrilled to see that Shiratorizawa is on opposite groups from Karasuno. They'll surely meet in the finals, there can't be any other way especially with that dynamic duo he came to love as they played together a lot more this past month. His team is in block B on the second part so their first match is after the break, which gives everyone a free morning, but the brunette couldn't feel busier. He promised Tobio and Shōyō that he'll watch their match so he woke up early in the morning to finish working on a project his father forwarded to him.

"Agghhh!!! Verdammt! I'm late." the boy curses while running past the front gate and heading towards the court.

He already sees a group of fangirls right in front of the door with signs and all kinds of lights in their hands. *How would they know I'm coming here early?! I don't have time for this now!* He curses again in his head while trying to look as inconspicuous as possible, pulling on his hat while trying to look the other way. *Phew! There's a guy signing their things so hopefully they won't notice me.*

But unfortunately just as he speeds up to move past them, one starts screaming his name and pointing in his direction. What he found funny was definitely not the high pitched scream that probably ruptured his drum, but the annoyance of the guy that was previously worshipped by those girls. The very tall and slender has a similar build to Hoshikin plus a very attractive face so for sure he was used to all of that attention, especially if he's at least a half good volleyball player too.

The brunette couldn't help but mock the man who was shooting arrows towards him, playfully sticking his tongue out before running to the gym so he could meet his friends before the match starts. He avoids all of the teams that are warming up on the halls and sneaks in the court where he quickly spots the black uniforms.

"Tobio~ Shōyō! Hiiiii!!!" he cheers, waving enthusiastically at the two boys that are practicing their passes in a corner. He bows at the coaches and the beautiful manager before greeting the rest of the team and then hugging his best friend. He and the tyrannic setter came to be very close, after all those love talks and training together they just found that there's a lot of common points.

"Hoshi! You're here! The opponents look a bit scary but we'll kick their asses! You just watch! We'll win and then play against you!" the childish enthusiasm is contagious as always but that's definitely Hinata's charm.

"You better! I'll be waiting for you in the finals but till then you gotta pass this match! Give them hell~" the international smirks, glaring at the rather normal looking team on the other side of the net before finally making his way to the tribunes so he can watch.

He sits right in front but quickly he notices a team with a neatly arranged white and teal jersey that sits at his left, all strangers to him except the pretty boy that he met outside with his fangirls. His jaw clenches up the moment he locks eyes with the brunette but he confidently gets up and walks towards his seat to finally greet the super star.

"You must be Hoshikin Hätz, volleyball prodigy that recently came to study in Japan." he greets in fluent English with a sneaky smile and closed eyes, definitely not showing his hostility

"And you definitely have the advantage here. I'm at loss about who you might be besides a very pretty boy." the younger answers, switching the language to something easier and returning the smile. He honestly is grateful to meet new people, but this time the annoyance is ignored as the caramel haired teen sits down next to him.