6. Run and Hide

!!!Warning!!! Bullying mentions in this chapter that might be triggering for some! I'm sorry 😢

     Next morning feels like heaven for both of them. The alarms go off at the same time, waking them up suddenly but it isn't unpleasant like it would usually be when they have to wake up so early in the morning. This time they woke up in the loving embrace of their lover so when they finally open their eyes, all both see is the other and nothing else.

    "Good morning, sunshine~" Hoshikin says rubbing his eyes in an attempt to wake up quicker. But his hands are taken off his eyes before he can continue, Ushijima holding then in his larger palms and looking directly at him.

    "You have beautiful eyes." he states, in the same tone of voice like he just quoted the periodic table and not given a compliment to his boyfriend. It makes Hoshi chuckle to see a man being so stoic all the time, but at least trying his best to soften up. 

     "And you are just adorable" he reciprocates, pecking his lips before standing up and ripping himself out of the tight hug they were wrapped into. "Let's get some breakfast before the morning run" the brunette proposes and he's immediately followed by the big puppy that couldn't stay behind him.

     They eat while discussing trivial things, mostly about volleyball and their expectations for the new season. Both were set on winning the nationals and had high hopes for the international matches too, it'd be extremely bad for Hoshikin if he doesn't make it to the international matches because one of the conditions his father put on him ever since he picked up volleyball is that he must be on the top or he has to give it up and just focus on the company.

     The couple gets out on their usual running track, this time being closer to each other which doesn't go unnoticed by the fangirls who usually follow them around. Curious looks and loud whispers start behind their back which make both of them a bit uncomfortable. They speed up to lose the crowd and finally make it back to Hoshi's house where they have to part ways. He leans in for a kiss but then notices how everyone is starting at them so he stops for a second, hesitating. The brunette pulls Ushijima inside the gates for a second and finally crashes their lips together.

     "Thanks. I-I'm a bit uncomfortable with so many people watching us." Wakatoshi confesses sighing as he realizes this won't be an easy thing to deal with. He doesn't particularly like the huge crowd that always follows him around so he's rather not have to be in the middle of their discussion every time.

     "Do you think we could keep it discreet for a while? At least in front of the big crowds." he asks which stops Hoshikin's heart for a moment.

     "Like a secret relationship? Ummm- sure... But not hiding in front of the volleyball team. You already made me cry in front of them so we can't hide it." the younger teen is already used to the public's attention wherever he goes. He might be less known in Japan since he's not a local but the paparazzi and interviewers still track him down every now and then asking him questions and trying to get his pictures.

     The secrecy part is what bothers him, it reminds him of his past and it feels like he's poking an old wound by agreeing with it again but after all he can't force his boyfriend to go public with him if he's not ready. They're both well known personalities, featured in numerous magazines and television so it's a piece of news that can affect both of their careers unfortunately. In the end they share one more kiss behind the closed gate before Ushijima leaves to the dorms so he can take a shower and change his clothes before classes.

     When Hoshikin gets back to school everyone is already spreading the rumors about their unusually close relationship, even more eyes drilling holes in the back of his head as he makes his way to the lockers. Shirabu is waiting for him, his arms crossed, reading some book that seems to be about human anatomy. He lifts his eyes for a moment to see his friend approaching before closing the book and putting it inside the bag, now his full attention being set on the brunette.