5. Decision

*I wish I could vanish from this earth. It hurts... It fucking hurts... What did I expect? For him to actually like me? He's the Ushijima Wakatoshi. Ace and captain of Shiratorizawa. He has fans everywhere and he is pretty irresistible....Just.. What was in my head?*  Hoshikin keeps running and running, as if his life will end when he stops. The tears were rolling down his cheeks like long rivers of sorrow and pain which will never end. Was it all a mistake? Are his feelings really not normal or supposed to be there?

         He doesn't know how long he's been running around, but eventually he stops when he feels completely drained, of energy and emotions. You put your heart in a box, wrap a bow around it and give it to someone and they have the power to do this. Hurt you and be fine with it. He keeps on crying, helplessly looking at his hands while laying down on the grass. He can't explain to himself why he fell so hard for a guy who clearly wasn't interested. *I'm just a fool. Exactly like he said... No-one will ever love me.*

        "Hoshikin-san?" a timid voice asks, which for a second scared the over sensitive kid who's been crying for at least an hour. He quickly wipes away his tears and tries to stand up but the dehydration definitely takes its toll on the body.

         "Tobio-kun... I'm sorry, I'm not a pleasing sight right now..." he stupidly apologizes, feeling another wave of tears ready to burst, but the other teen quickly kneels down and hands him a bottle of water and a napkin.

        "It's fine. You don't need to tell me, but I'll listen if you want to." this kind of compassion is rare coming from the person who used to be associated with a Tyrant King, when he sees him like this, squatting down and trying to console him, it's kind of hard to believe.

        "I confessed to this person... who doesn't like me and probably has never seen me as a potential love interest." he finally answers after drinking a bit of water, just enough to wet his lips with something other than tears.

        For a few minutes, Kageyama is silent. He keeps starting at the sobbing teen with amazement, no pity or sadness, just the same pure awe that he's seen in his fans so many times after incredible matches he played. The dark blue eyes are filled with a strange excitement that he doesn't really get. He just admitted to being rejected and is in the most pitiful state yet so why is his friend reacting like this?

         "You can comment on it, I won't break. It's just a very hurtful thing to go through." the older teen says, trying to somehow end this silence.

        "Nono!! It's not that, but..." Kageyama begins to say before his gaze falls down to his hands, clearly embarrassed by what he's about to admit "isn't it kind of awesome that you found the courage to confess?" he innocently asks, which definitely shocked the other.

         *He never confessed before. He's never been in a relationship?!? But if you think about it he's right. I took a leap of faith. So what if it didn't work this time? I have the courage to admit my feelings and be open about it. It's something no-one can take from me. Yet...*  
          "Say- Tobio-kun, do you have someone you like?" Hoshi asks, a teasing smirk indicating his mind is finally thinking of something else than his fresh rejection.

           To this question, the setter turns red, averting his eyes to the ground because he didn't dare to look at anyone while answering it. "Un... That tangerine in our team."

           "You mean Hinata-kun? He's an adorable little shrimp with so much energy. You two would be great together." he laughs, patting the Karasuno player on the back to show him it's okay to talk about things like these.

          "I'm sure he likes you back. You two seemed to be really close last time I saw you and he's always messaging me about how cool you are. Heck, I'm surprised he didn't jump on you already." Hoshi smiles, thinking back at the multitude of messages Hinata sent him about their practice match, training, team and especially Kageyama. He is one very easy-going guy and the two instantly got along, even though they didn't get to meet again after that night.