10. Match

"Good morning, sunshine~" the day couldn't start better when Wakatoshi opens his eyes just to hear his lover say that. He smiles and kisses him, just a sweet reminder of the loving night they shared before getting out of bed to their new day of matches.

     Today they have to play the semi-final and final since they had just one match on the first day. To keep up with it the coach decided to make Hoshi play the first part of the match in the morning then let Ushijima play the second one keeping them warmed up and ready for the hard final they're going to have. His grandfather warned Hoshi that Aoba Johsai might be the one they will meet in the final, but he is still hoping the rising star of today's championship will be there. The couple gets dressed quickly and leaves to the academy where the team is already waiting. It doesn't take more than a few minutes for them to arrive at the sport's hall where close to no people are present, being the very first match of the day.

     "We'll go as we discussed. Hoshikin plays in the first half of the match while Ushijima will play in the second one and after that we have the lunch break. The usual lineup, get warmed up." the coach briefly instructs as the opponent team enters the court. Soon the whistle blows and both teams get within the lines, ready to start. Hoshi is serving first and if yesterday he was nice and going slowly, trying to teach the other team something, today he felt merciless.

     Nothing is worse than someone ruining your perfect morning. Just as he went ahead to shake the captain's hand since Wakatoshi isn't playing, he overheard two of the other members complaining about his know-it-all attitude in the match they had yesterday and how he just wanna show off. Not that he isn't used to insults by now, but considering the amazing night he had, somehow it spoiled his mood. The game starts with his opponents serving but the ball is caught and perfectly set for him to spike, finally making it his turn to toss with that rotation. And that annoyance shows in his service- clearly. After the first 10 serves he didn't even want to play anymore. He throws the ball up and accidentally hits the net, finally leaving the opposite team to throw again. He didn't waste this opportunity to spike it again, with such a force it scared the libero who tried to receive it.

    Shirabu noticed that unusual aggressiveness and he couldn't stay quiet regarding that. "Want to finish them in one set or what? Slow down a bit." he says, pulling Hoshi to the side when the opposite team takes a break. Did he? Well he is mad, and that's understandable, but more than anything he just hates people talking bad behind his back. He didn't work so hard to get disregarded even when he did something good. "Gomen, I'll do a dump next so it'll be easier to receive. Please keep setting for me.'' He tried his best to smile but nothing seemed to show on his face. Fortunately it didn't take long for them to get back to it and just as promised he did a soft dump that could've been received if they weren't already used to his spikes and their libero wasn't in position to receive that at the back lines instead of the front lines.

    The match ends up being a quick one. After calming down Hoshi let them have a few points to save face and so that the crowd can enjoy it. The score was pitiful to say the least. A 25-2 for Shiratorizawa that completely shames their opponents. Hoshikin wishes the rest of the team good luck and excuses himself for the match he gave, but everyone just praised him for a job well done.

     "I want to go and watch Karasuno and Aoba Johsai. If we're going to play one of them in the finals I should at least get accustomed to their play style." he explains as his grandfather nods and lets him go since he doesn't have to participate in the next part of the match anyway.

     The teen grabs a lunch box, his bottle of water and quickly rushes to change into normal clothes before getting out of the bathroom. When he runs down the stairs to catch a seat in the front row he sees that only two older men are sitting behind the 'Fly' banner.