13. Camp

If one thing has changed since the beginning of this tournament it's Hoshikin's excitement. He slowly discovered that maybe japanese teams, even if very strong, were held to some unreachable expectations. Of course, the fact that his father was putting some unreasonable pressure on him to come and work for the firm isn't helping, especially since he's just got a few free days before the grand finale.

As they finished the semi finals against Mujunazaka with no problem at all even with that strong ace of their, Hoshikin had to take care of yet another set of emails for the firm and headed to the other semi-final between Itachiyama and Inarizaki. When he is just about to open the doors to the public access for the court he sees a team coming outside, their heads lowered indicating they didn't manage to defeat the opponents. He stops in the hallway, hoping he'd find someone in the mood to talk about this team that just moved to the finals. He looks through their players, a set of twins catching his eye as they both, even mad and frustrated after that game, look just gorgeous.

"move." one of the players growls in a low tone and he wants to pass by but doesn't want to move around Hoshi.

"And here I was just trying to find some info about the match directly from someone who played it. No need to be mean now." the brunette smiles and moves closer to the wall, having his hands up in a joking attitude.

At his little show most of the team just looked at him in disgust but he could see the twins just glaring from the distance as they were the last of the players to get out of the court.

"Hey, cuties. Please don't sulk, I promise I'll win for you." he keeps the joke when they finally pass by him, before the teen heads inside to at least see the scores.

×××××××××

Wakatoshi never quite understood how people can work from the office all day so when Hoshi told him that he has to take care of some work for his father's firm when they need to train for the finals he did throw a fit. Finally Hoshi did calm him down with the promise that they'll definitely win the finals with no problems.

With all of the insane work hours he had to pull these last few days, unfortunately, volleyball got to be the very last thing on Hoshikin's mind, until someone decides to pull him back into this world he loves so much. Just like that Kageyama gave him a message that he's in Tokyo for a couple of days for a training camp with plenty of other teams and he just had a fight with Hinata after telling him that he just needs to hit without thinking and that he won't toss to him anymore.

"Man, is it a trend nowadays to fight with your partner?" he thought to himself as he arrived at the gymnasium the camp is supposed to be at.

"So let me get this right, you went to that shithead who made your middle school experience a hell before calling me? Did you really lose your mind when Hinata hit you?" Hoshi exhaled in frustration when hearing that Kageyama actually met with Oikawa before to ask for advice.

"...Shouldn't you be busy with training for the finals? How can I bother you when your match is in two days and you'll be facing one of the best teams in Japan?" the young boy is still as sincere as ever, he really must've been desperate to contact Hoshi but held back just so he wouldn't disturb his practice.

How can anyone be mad at that line of thought? Hoshi shakes his head before ruffling Kageyama's hair and finally picking up a volleyball that was left in the court for late practice.

"Soooo... What seems to be the problem here? Why exactly did you and Hinata fight?"

"He wants to stop trusting my serves blindly and start thinking for himself before hitting. We tried that, keeping his eyes open for the super fast attack but he can't hit the ball like that. So he went to train with the old coach from Karasuno who taught him about tempos and how to pace himself, while our coach instructed me on how to make a falling toss that will stop when reaching the desired place but no matter what we're extremely uncoordinated now and nothing works anymore in the team." sadness, disappointment and frustration all painted Kageyama's face as he was mindlessly tossing the ball in the air.