11. Calm before the storm

Hoshikin: ×We won. You should watch the match, I think you'll find it interesting.×

Tobio: ×I will never lose to them again! Can you bring the tape when you come for practice?×

H: ×You better keep your word then! I don't want to see them in the finals next time! And, sure will bring the tape then, might have to do some extra training so I will probably be a bit late.×

      On his way out of the doctor's, Hoshikin took his time to message his friend and let him know about the final, the result was to be expected, not even one person thought the Blue Castle could win but no-one expected that kind of humiliating defeat. Now critics from all over the world were talking about how Japan isn't challenging enough for the prodigy and started questioning his decision to go there. They did recognize his team-mate's power, another talent to be applauded, the teen who made it to the world's team starting this year Ushijima Wakatoshi.

      And just for him, Hoshi already never plans on leaving. The green eyed teen has been waiting outside for him, his arms crossed over the chiseled chest, still taking the win in as it went unexpectedly quickly. They said a normal player would never be able to tell the overwhelming difference between them and someone way better. But in this case, Wakatoshi isn't a normal player and Hoshi is the player standing at the very top of that board. He can see how much better this star is, but also he is not sure how he can overcome that difference. These thoughts quickly wash away as the brunette smiles and gets closer to his boyfriend, looking around to make sure no-one else is there.

      "What a nice surprise, you waited for me?" His voice is suave, definitely knowing the answer to that already, but the oh-so-blunt man still answers very seriously.

      "Of course. I didn't like the decision you made to continue the game. If your finger was broken you could've been benched for the rest of the tournament."

      "It was not hurting so much, I'm not made of paper, you know? Just a sprain, the swelling will go down eventually and after a one week break it'll be as good as new."

      Trying to chase those worries away from his lover's mind Hoshikin tries to get closer, but Ushijima takes a small step back, with it making Hoshi feel like a part of him was ripped. The older boy looks around quickly, checking that no-one is around and then pulls his boyfriend towards him, crashing their lips together. It's such a bittersweet feeling for the brunette, he can't say no, he can't stay away and yet every time his boyfriend steps away from his touch just because of other people's opinion.

      Lost in their feelings, the teens are oblivious of their surroundings for the next couple of seconds. What could happen in such a short time anyway? It was just a short embrace, a moment of their lips being sealed together and yet a bystander couldn't help but think of how much money he'd make if he sells a picture of two volleyball players kissing like that. Sure enough, just as he clicked on his phone the default sound rang through the empty corridor, making the lovers step away immediately and look in that direction.

      "What do you think you're doing?!" The first one to speak up is Hoshikin, already stepping towards the person who took that shot.

      "Give me that phone." orders Wakatoshi, running to him, but the teen seems to be very familiar with the place as he slips into another room and then out through the emergency exit.

     "How could that happen?! If that picture gets out..." the older teen looks for the culprit, spilling his anger when he can't see him anymore.

     "Is that... Is that such a bad thing? For people to know about us?" Hoshi isn't sure of how he should take it. Is his boyfriend ashamed of him? Or maybe he just wants to be careful and protect him?