Chapter 37

You were very much caught up in your girlfriend, whose legs were wrapped firmly around your waist, the artist supporting the football player's weight in a nice change of pace. The two of you bumped against walls, giggling to one another as Lexa directed you in the direction of the couch, which was one of Lexa's favorite places to just... sit ... with you in the entire house.

You paused, however, when your back hit something decidedly softer and more human than a wall, and in your moment of pause, Lexa pulled back, doubtlessly to see what had hindered her girlfriend's path on the way to the couch.

Lexa's resulting scream was enough to blow out your eardrums.

" WHAT THE FUCK!?"

There was a crash from upstairs, before you heard, head still ringing slightly:

"Wait! Is it happening? I want to see!"

You turned slowly, and your jaw fell open at the sight of whom you'd run into.

Atom Zedd, a freshman who you'd tutored on several occasions, was trying, rather unsuccessfully, to hide himself behind a sheepishly grinning Aden, and from the horrified look on Lexa's face, you could only assume that the two of them had been caught up in a similar position to yourself and Lexa.

Anya came skidding down the stairs, almost falling in her haste, and she grinned widely when she saw the scene in front of her.

"Oh, this is just too good."

Lexa was just staring, befuddled, and you frowned, pressing a soft kiss to your girlfriend's cheek.

"Baby? You alright?"

With the gentle nudge, Lexa seemed to finally find her tongue, and when she did, you nearly had to hold your ears shut.

"Who are you? What are you doing here?" there was a long pause, and then her eyes narrowed. "That's my baby brother ."

"I'll, uh, be going―"

Atom turned and bolted right as Lexa lunged for him, and you sighed and put your face in your hands.

"I'm dating a four year old."

"Lexa, wait, Lexa chill!" Soon Aden was chasing after his sister, laughing somewhat nervously as he went, but Atom looked genuinely terrified. Anya, however, was doubled over, cackling to herself as though it was the most hilarious thing in the world.

"Lexa I like him!"

"Don't care, you're too young!"

"I'm fifteen!"

"TOO YOUNG!"

All the movement in the home, however, halted when there was a soft hem-hem from the couch.

Anastasia was sitting there, a book in hand, a single blonde eyebrow perfectly raised.

"Really?"

Lexa pointed towards Aden shamelessly.

"He started it?"

"I― what? You're the one who started chasing my boy―"

"Aden Augustus don't you even finish that sentence," Lexa threatened, "you're too young."

"Don't full-name me, Alexandria Anastasia ," Aden shot back, "besides, it isn't as though you weren't pulling girls when you were my age."

"But that's different!" Lexa interjected, but, again her mother cut her off.

"Alexandria, darling, you've startled the boy half to death." While you would've assumed the woman to be on Atom's side by her words, there was an icy undertone to them that was slightly off-putting. Lexa, it seemed, wasn't the only Woods unamused with the idea of the youngest starting to date.