Chapter 22

(?) = your first letter of your last name (a quick reminder)

Your POV.

Once more, you woke with an air of uncertainty, not entirely sure where you and Lexa stood in terms of your relationship, but as opposed to the last time, you now knew, without a doubt, that Lexa appeared to be just as into you as you were into her.

Additionally, this time, you didn't wake up with a smirking Raven next to you, for which you were eternally grateful. The other girl had enough blackmail material on you to last a lifetime, and you didn't want to give her anything else to work with.

You'd fallen asleep with Lexa's letterman draped around you, and you sighed contentedly as you smelled it, breathing in Lexa's familiar, oh so lovely scent.

"(Y/n/n)!" You groaned and pulled the covers over your head when your least favorite voice to hear in the mornings, and whined when the blankets were yanked away from you. "Come on, sleepy head, time to go and conquer the day."

"Five more minutes, Raven," you muttered, but the other girl was relentless, and you yelped as Raven pulled you off of the bed, flopping onto the floor with little grace.

"Bitch," you scowled, rubbing your head while Raven grinned. "Why do I bother setting alarms on my phone when you always wake me up before them?"

"Asking the real questions, I see," Raven laughed, "but seriously, c'mon, get your ass in gear, Octavia and I have so many questions."

You had hoped to prolong the inevitable inquisition, but you had no such luck.

You dressed quickly, pulling Lexa's letterman over your shirt, before you went downstairs where you could smell bacon.

"Morning, mom," you greeted, mood lifted as the memories of the night previous once more floated though your brain, pressing a quick kiss to Abby's cheek.

"Good morning, honey," Abby responded, "Raven, don't eat all the bacon."

"Of course not, Mama (?)," Raven quipped, and you practically floated around the kitchen gathering your breakfast.

"Is that... Woods' letterman?"

"Good eye, Mama (?)," Raven grinned, "Woods took (Y/n) out on a hot date last night."

"Pardon?"

"It was great, mom," you gushed, "Lexa was the perfect gentlewoman, she took me out to dinner and then we went stargazing."

"Where did you eat?" Abby asked, though her voice sounded somewhat strained.

"TonDC," you mentioned off-handedly, biting into a piece of bacon. Raven choked on her food and Abby dropped her fork.

"That place is ridiculously expensive," Raven coughed.

"Only the best for a Woods, I suppose," Abby muttered.

"Man, (Y/n/n), she really must have wanted to get into your pants." You scowled and hit Raven's shoulder lightly, ignoring your mother's stern look.

"She didn't even ask, thanks for asking, Rae," you glared, "like I said, she was the perfect gentlewoman."

"If you say so," Raven muttered under her breath, and Abby sighed before returning to her own breakfast.

You often forgot the effect Lexa had on people.

Usually, when you entered the bustling hallways of Arkadia High, it took a lot of effort and a lot of Raven yelling in order to make it to any classes, because students had no regard for space and no courtesy for other people. But, wearing Lexa's letterman, students parted like the red sea, muttering under their breath and no doubt spreading the word down the gossip mill of the fact.