Chapter 28

(Y/f/n) ---> your full name

Your POV.

A lump formed in your throat as the words echoed in your ears, in your mind, in your heart. You blinked rapidly, tears forming as you hung up the call, flinging your arms around Lexa's neck. "I love you too." You whispered against Lexa's lips, grinning against her smile. "I love you, I love you, I love you..." you murmured breathlessly. "I've been wanting to say that for a while."

The tears in your eyes were matched by Lexa's, as the both of you couldn't help the wave of emotion that rolled between you.

"I love you." You repeated softly.

Lexa grinned. "What was that? Say it again?"

You grinned right back, your hands slipping up the expanse of Lexa's tight abdomen, soothingly rubbing her skin. "I." You trailed your lips down Lexa's jaw, slowly moving to straddle her. "Love." You lifted Lexa's shirt, leaning down to trail your lips across her skin. "You." You murmured, rocking your hips slowly into Lexa's, lacing your hands with Lexa's as well.

"You're really beautiful." Lexa whispered, entranced. She held your hand as you bit your lip, still slowly rocking into Lexa as you kissed her neck.

"Me?" You whispered in disbelief. "You're like a Greek goddess. And you're not just beautiful here..." You whispered, kissing her face gently. "But..." You moved down to Lexa's chest, kissing right under her left breast, sending chills up her spine. "Here, too."

Lexa smiled, exhaling a breath into the night air as her hands found their way to your hips, gently supporting your weight. She noticed the conviction in your gaze and whispered, "We don't have to, tonight, (Y/n)."

You cocked a brow in surprise, stopping your actions momentarily. "I...But..."

"You won't hesitate when you're ready." Lexa murmured, hands snaking up your shirt to rub against your back. "And when you are, I'm here, love."

You found yourself grinning, whether it was at the new pet name, or Lexa's chivalry, you weren't sure. You took Lexa's hand to your lips, pressing soft, succulent kisses to each digit. "You're too good for me." You whispered.

"Don't say that." Lexa admonished softly. "We're perfect for each other."

You blinked thoughtfully. "My dad used to say that soulmates came from the same star. Made of the same stardust, bound together, until they meet again."

Lexa nodded, taking her turn to absently press kisses against your fingers. "Do you believe that?"

You smiled, leaning down as you felt Lexa's arms wrap around you once more. "I don't know." You admitted, seemingly high on your love for Lexa. "I'm not sure if it's stars we share in common, Lex, but I do know he was right about something else."

"And what was that?" Lexa questioned with a look of love and curiosity.

"He told me that, whenever I found the one , I'd know. I thought he was crazy. He said I'd just feel right, with them."

Lexa paused, allowing you to finish your sentiment,

"But that's not how I feel with you." You croaked out.

Lexa froze, her heart stopping. Before she could question it, you were continuing.

"It's not even close to how I feel about you." You whispered. "You still, after all these weeks, make my hands shake, and my heart stutter, and I get excited just seeing your smile every morning." You admitted, as though you feared rejection, though the word wasn't even in Lexa's vocabulary in that moment. "And..." you continued. "I didn't even know feelings like this existed. So, if I got a chance to talk with him now...I'd tell him he was wrong, just a little bit. He never predicted someone as amazing as you, Lex."