Chapter 33

If you get confused just go read chapter 32 again!

(Also most of this chapter is in Lexa's POV except for the beginning.)

Two days had passed, and yet, no word from Dax. No word from his family, no word from his lawyers, nothing.

But of course, that seemed to fade in the background once the school caught wind of your apparent beatdown of him.

Like vultures, they preyed upon and picked at the issue until it was long dead carrion.

The whispers followed you, Lexa, and Aden, everywhere you went.

You and Lexa were walking to Abby's office for Lexa's post practice treatment, making sure she wouldn't tense up and strain anything before the big playoff game, just days away.

"Mom?" You called, Lexa tagging along behind you, still fully in uniform, hair pulled up in a messy bun.

"Huh. I guess she's out on the soccer field or something." You shrugged, frowning as you laced your hand with Lexa's, pulling her into the office.

"We can wait." Lexa shrugged.

"No, I don't think she'd want you tensing up without your cooldown stretches. Plus, she wants to ice your knee." You tsked, pushing Lexa onto the examination bench, coming around to gently rub her shoulders, rolling your eyes when you realized just how much padding was in the way.

Lexa cocked a brow when your deft fingers freed her scrimmage jersey from where it was properly tucked in at her waistband, snaking your fingers under it.

"(Y/n)." Lexa drew in a breath.

"Why do you wear so much padding?" You groaned.

Lexa smirked. "I'm impenetrable."

"You're telling me." You groaned, shaking your head. "Whatever. Just do your damn stretches so I can get the ice. I hate being in here. I feel like my mom is watching us."

Lexa chuckled, shaking her head. She began following Abby's prescribed routine as she watched you with no small amount of adoration.

You, on the other hand, were trying rather desperately not to stare at the perfection that is your girlfriend. You fumbled around the freezer for Lexa's ice-pack. You smirked fondly when you remembered Lexa buying one and branding it with her name and a sharpie, muttering, " If it's going to touch sweaty skin, it should only be mine."

You were dating an absolute spoiled gay princess.

"I have your custom ice pack." You waved it teasingly, standing by the door. "Can we apply it outside?"

"Fine." Lexa agreed, a smile twitching on her plump lips.

"Sit." You commanded, motioning to the nearby bench.

Lexa, ever obedient to you, sat on the bench with a huff, watching you kneel before her. "Here?" She cocked a brow and smirked.

"Ha ha, hilarious." You rolled your eyes, but smiled as you rolled Lexa's tights up, revealing her knee. You leaned down and kissed it softly, murmuring, "It's gonna be cold." You then took the ice pack and pressed it above the sore cap, resting your head on Lexa's thigh.

"Thank you, (Y/n)." Lexa murmured, stroking your hair. "You can come and sit up here." She shifted so that you could sit beside her, resting her leg on your lap as you continued to apply the pressure.

"You nervous for the game?" You asked curiously, eyes meeting Lexa's gaze.

"Me?" Lexa scoffed. "Does the Commander get nervous?"