Chapter 21

(Y/f/c) = your favourite color
(Y/f/n) = your full name

Aden's POV

Growing up with Lexa, Aden had learned, from a very young age, to expect to be bombarded with weird things, because Lexa tended to have a flare for the dramatic, and thus dragged him into it without thinking twice. He'd seen her in various states of panic, most of them over girls, some of them over other things, had witnessed her tornado-esque ability to tear apart rooms in search of a single object, had experienced first-hand just how tiring she was when frantic.

It was really saying something, though, that Aden had never , in all his years of dealing with frantic Lexa, seen her quite this insane .

As soon as she'd set foot in the Woods Pine household, Lexa had dragged Aden off of the couch and to the guest house, claiming she needed his help on what to wear and where to take you to dinner, because he, as your student, would, of course, know these things.

Anya was there, too, leaning against the doorframe, and Aden could see her recording every now and then, a smirk planted firmly on her face as she observed the chaos from a safe distance.

There were clothes strewn across every surface, and Lexa still hadn't settled on what she was wearing, parading around in a sports bra and boxers, running around like a headless chicken.

"Lexa," he looked down at his watch, "you have exactly one hour until you're supposed to pick (Y/n) up and not only do you not have anything to wear, you still haven't decided where you're taking her."

"Fuck you're right," Lexa said, "and there aren't many places even I can squeeze in a table with such short notice."

"Just call Roma," Aden suggested, "she loves us, and I'm sure (Y/n)will love TonDC."
"Good idea!" Lexa absentmindedly kissed Aden's forehead before moving around once more to search for 'the perfect outfit'. "Can you call her for me, though?"

"Sure." As Aden dialed in the number, Lexa yelled:

"Anya! Get your ass over here and be useful for once!"

"I wanted to take a nap you piece of shit."

"Yeah, well, you didn't and you're here so you could at least help."

"Fine, bitch, but only because you're helpless on your own."

Aden sighed at the exchange, and the phone rang twice before there was an answer.

" Aden! How are you? How's school been?"

"Great, Roma," he grinned. Roma had once worked as his and Lexa's chef while their parents were away, but Alexander and Anastasia had been so impressed with her cooking that they gave her the startup loan to fund her own restaurant, and she hadn't disappointed.

TonDC Bistro was one of the most frequented high-end restaurants in the city, and she always had a table for the Woods family.

"School's been eventful," he informed her dutifully, "and the lunches are atrocious compared to your cooking, but what can you expect from public school?"

" Honestly," Roma scoffed, " it's as though they're feeding criminals, it's barbaric. You know you can always swing by before school to pick up food. "

"I might take you up on that eventually," Aden laughed.

" What do you need, little lion?" Aden smiled at the old nickname that Roma had given him back in her days working for his family, in reference to his previously untamable blonde curls and an appetite much too big for his body. " It's much too late for this to just be a casual chat, I know you too well."