shy: (platonic) bad batch (part 2)

-someone requested a part two and I somehow ended up writing 7k words
-this is the LONGEST thing I've ever written in my life
-no joke. plz enjoy because I spent a week on this and poured my heart into it
-also, I have ko-fi, if you enjoy my stuff and feel a little generous, please donate something :)

Remote. That was the first word that came to mind as soon as Havoc Marauder landed. Hunter was the first first to set foot on the planet, then Wrecker, Tech, and Crosshair I'm the back.

The moment your fit hit the ground, an overwhelming sense of life hit your senses. A thick forest separated you and civilization. In it, you sensed all kinds of creatures, none you know the names of. The grass, so green and full lit up your eyes while the crisp air hitting your nose refreshed your senses. This was a beautiful planet. Fresh. Full. Lively.

It would be a shame to ruin it.

"Lovely, isn't it?" commented Tech with a warm smile. You shyly mirrored it and kept a gaze focused on the horizon. It was hard to make eye contact with him, especially since Crosshair glared daggers in the back of your head.

He adjusted his grip on a rifle, disdain pulling at the corners of his lips. "Keep your heads out of the clouds. We still have a mission to do." You firmly nodded in agreement. "Right."

Wrecker pounded his fist against his palm. He offered a bright grin, one that went unappreciated by Crosshair. You came to like Wrecker for his open heart, a trait you lacked for years. "Don't mind him General," Wrecker reassured, "he's just a stick in the mud. If it makes you feel better, that's the first time we haven't been gunned down with an outsider!"

'Outsider'. What a way to describe you.

Hunter took quick notice of your shifting gaze. Maybe it was the fact he was hyper-aware of his surroundings, or perhaps you were too obvious with pursing your lips into a tight smile. Whatever the reason, Hunter's subtle nod your way made you glad he was around. "What he means," Hunter clarified, "is that we don't usually have smooth landings when others are with us."

"We'll have plenty of downtime once we infiltrate that Seppy base and leave." Wrecker added. "That's something I'm looking forward to!" You hoped that were true. If this didn't go as planned, you'd have more to worry about than just the Separatists.

"Let's get a move on." Hunter announced. The Bad Batch collectively pulled down their helmets, motioning with their hands and fanning out. You followed, in the back of course. Right where you belonged.

This was still their mission. You were only assigned here because it was convenient. Having been recently Knighted meant you needed something to get you started, but you never expected anything like this. It was odd. Why the Bad Batch? Why not a mission with Obi-wan?

Tech tapped a few buttons on his forearm. "The base is up ahead." You heaved in a rating breath.

Focus. Focus.

A prick came from your chest. It wasn't warm like when you were around Cody, but it wasn't cold either. Rather...lifeless, and...

SNAP!

You drew your lightsaber, swiftly thumbing it on and spinning to your flank. With three strokes, you cut the heads off four commandos in a perfect one-eighty degree line. They fell to your feet, sparking and crackling with whatever electricity they had left.

"'Wow." breathed Tech. "That was incredible."

Your heart pounded, and the blood roared in your ears. That was close. Too close. You never liked being caught off guard, especially when out on a mission. If Master Obi-wan were here, he'd tell you to relax and take a deep breath, but it was hard when you didn't have Cody by your side, or Waxer and Boil who teased and joked with you.