it's OK: tech

-guess who's stressing about SATs
-I want to study as hard as I can as early as I can but idk where to start and I SUCK at math
-problem? I want to go to an ivy league school
-yeah, your girl is aiming for harvard med school as of now lol

Pain. That was the first word that came to your mind as you opened the textbook. The first page was filled with various black and white diagrams and numbers. It intimidated you--no, it scared you.

If (x, y) satisfies the system of equations above, then what is the value of y?

Your lips pursed into a tight frown. You didn't understand how to solve the question because you couldn't remember. How did you solve for the system of equations again? What was did y=mx+b mean? You couldn't remember what you learned. In fact, you couldn't remember anything.

900. That was your PSAT score. You couldn't risk getting that again, not when you were aiming to get into an IVY League school. A sigh escaped your lips as you picked up your pencil and began scribbling notes in the margins, highlighting the important keywords and short-handing on sticky notes.

Failure was not an option. You had to get at least above a 1500.

An hour later, you sat at your desk, head in your hands. Your pencil lay at your feet, every now and then swinging back and forth from the light tapping of your toes. Tears gathered in the corners of your eyes as you sniffled. "I'm going to fail. I'm going to fail." How could you even think you were going to be able to score higher than 900? How could you believe, for a second, that studying would help you? Math wasn't just hard, it was impossible.

Your bedroom door opened with a low creak. "Sorry I took so long. I had club after school and--" Tech cut himself short. He took a moment to stare at the tears rolling down your face, then the pencil rolling at your feet, and finally, the textbooks and notes scattered across your desk. He dropped his bookbag in a forgotten corner of the room next to yours, sliding into the seat next to yours.

Wordlessly, he opened his arms, bringing you in for a close embrace. You rested your head in the crook of his neck as he just sat there, squeezing you tight. "Is it hard?" he inquired. You nodded. "I can't do it." Tech rubbed your back as you sniffled. "Yet," he corrected. "You can't do it yet."

Tech didn't know how long you both sat there in each others' arms, but he didn't care. If you needed support, he'd be there rain, shine, or to the ends of the Earth. "We'll do it together, (Y/n)." He pecked your lips with a reassuring smile. "You still have a few months left, so we'll plan it out step by step. You will get into the school you want and I'll help you."

He placed his hands on your cheeks and wiped away your stray tears with his thumb. "It's okay." The calming sound of his voice soothed your nerves. "Let's start on the first section. You will get the hang of it, and then you'll see how easy it really is. First you start here..."

You trusted Tech with your all. Besides having an absolutely brilliant mind, he was the best boyfriend you could ever ask for. When you needed help, he was there, and when he needed help, you were there for him. When the SAT burst around the corner, you sat in that quiet room, this time, without an ounce of fear.

1550. You scored 1550.

It wasn't a perfect, but you were proud. The day you got your college acceptance letter, you were accepted into (school). No rejection and no waitlist. It was guaranteed you were going to college.

"TECH!" you screeched, nearly tripping over a bench. "TECH LOOK!" He whipped around in bewilderment, those doe-like eyes of his wider than dinner plates. "What? You're crying, what's wrong?" You practically smashed your phone into his face. He frantically scanned over the digital letter, mouthing the words out loud. With each word, his eyes got bigger, until he let out an excited laugh that was close to a yell.

"I told you! I told you you could do it!" he exclaimed. "You're more intelligent than you know!" You threw your arms around him and nearly dropped your phone. "It's all thanks to you Tech. If you weren't there, I-I would have given up already!" He threw his arms around you and hugged as tightly as he could. Wait till his brothers heard about this.

"See?" he said. "Everything is going to be okay."