perfect: rex

Whenever (Y/n) was around that damned clone, her stomach churned and her chest burned. Captain Rex was a solid man, unwavering in the face of danger unless Anakin or (Y/n) threw him into the air. Only then would he let loose his composure. He was kind, caring, and strong, which was why he earned the respect of everyone in the Grand Republic Army.

Everyone except you.

The first time you met him, you knew you were in trouble. He swept you off your feet with that smile, made you laugh from the shadows with his awkwardness when he was out of his comfort zone, and most importantly, made you so, so happy. You didn't understand these feelings at first and began to hate them. Why did he have to be so kriffing perfect?

And so you turned that joy to hatred because you were afraid to stray from the Jedi Code. His warm smiles you hated. His honey-sweet eyes you also hated. His handsomeness, and and his lovely figure? You also hated. He was so perfect. Too perfect.

"Is something...wrong General?" You looked up into those honey eyes of the boy you loved. He was worried. Your brows knitted as you pulled your robes closer. It was cold today, but that was probably because the sun had long set over the horizon. You shook your head with a frown. That bubbling anger in your heart was there again, gnawing at your insides, twisting in your stomach.

"Nothing." you quietly answered. Clenching a fist, you curtly turned on your heel and marched over to Anakin's side. He was a close friend of yours you met as a Padawan. He knew you well, so perhaps he'd know what to do.

Anakin sensed you before he saw you. "What's wrong?" he inquired. You took a seat at his side by the fire. A few of his men, Fives, Echo, and his padawan Ahsoka, sat around it in a semi-circle. With a shrug, you rested your cheek in your palm. "Nothing." Anakin snorted. "That's what you always say." he said. Ahsoka nodded in agreement. "He's not wrong."

Your gaze averted to Rex, who stood by the ship chatting with a few of his men. A sigh escaped your lips and Anakin cheerily laughed. "You like him?" Your head snapped around to face Anakin. "What? No! I hate–dislike him!" I exclaimed. My cheeks felt warm, but I dismissed it as an affect of the warm fire. "Besides, Jedi can't have attachments, Ani." I added, giving him a pointed look. Anakin raised his arms in defense, not long after sending his men a mischievous glance.

They began to chuckle to themselves, their eyes sparkly. "So the General has the hots for the Captain?" Fives loudly questioned. You sighed with a roll of your eyes, causing Ahsoka to smirk. "I'd say you only 'hate' Rex because you're worried about your feelings."

In this moment, there were no generals, no clones, and no Jedi. You were all talking as friends.

"And what if I like him?" you suddenly stated. "He's just so...so perfect for no reason! It makes my heart beat fast and my hands go sweaty–I hate it! He shouldn't make me feel this way." Anakin patted your shoulder. "As Obi-wan says, it's natural to feel this way, but we can't allow it to cloud our judgement. As I say, why should that matter? Go get him!"

"Only General Skywalker would say something like that." Jesse announced. Echo laughed. "He's one of a kind."

"And so is Rex. Perfect too." you dreamily blurted. Everyone collectively smirked. Their eyes averted to something behind you and you turned to see what they were looking at. "What–Rex!" you squeaked. The captain adjusted his grip on his helmet, eyes as wide as dinner plates. "You-you think I'm perfect?"

The boys and Jedi were grinned as you blinked several times. This wasn't happening, you told yourself. You hated this man and that would only continue. But as you slowly met the boy's honey-sweet eyes and nervous smile, you melted. You couldn't deny what your heart told you any longer.

"Yes. I think you're perfect."

Rex looked taken a-back yet extremely happy. You sensed the joy spike in his aura and the relief. "I-I like you a lot Rex." you slowly said. He glanced behind you at the boys and Jedi, who all nodded and gave him a thumbs-up.

"Well, I like you too General. But not as a friend, as a..." He didn't finish, because Fives and Echo let out loud whoops of joy.

"GO GET SOME REX!"

"YEAH! FINALLY! TOOK YOU TWO LONG ENOUGH!"

"Shut up you two!"

You started at the boys in bewilderment. "You guys...knew?" Jesse snorted in reply. "'Course we knew. The amount of times you two snuck glances at each other was exhileratin'. You have no idea how long we've all been waiting for this."

"KISS ALREADY!"

"Shut up Echo!"

And so you did. You were quick to give him a peck on the cheek with a red face. "Promise not to tell anyone?" you cautiously announced. Everyone nodded. "Our lips are sealed." Ahsoka said. Anakin nodded. "And so are mine."

"Mine too!"

"And mine!"

"And mine!"