always: tup

-felt like writing for this cinnamon roll -how can you not love him?
-ratiin = always in mando'a -sorry this is kinda short. I'm having writers' block

"No...no...no!" You paused in your step at the sound of the familiar voice. His Force signature warped around him as his twisted and turned in his spot on the ground. He lay there in the grass, curled up as the moon glistened over his face contorted in horror. "Tup...?" Your voice was small as you took a knee in the grass. He was always one of the calmer and quieter ones in a legion full of boys with crackhead energy.

Maybe that was why you loved him so much. He had the ability to make you melt with a single glance, and a sweet smile that lit up your whole world. This side of Tup was different. It made your heart clench as you placed a hand on his shoulder. You gently shook him as he tossed in the grass, mumbling something along the lines of, 'I didn't do it! I would never!'.

He suddenly latched onto your hand like it was his lifeline, snapping up and looking you in the eyes with fat tears threatening to roll down his cheeks. He sniffled and you took his other hand in his, settling on the grass by his side. You tucked your legs under yourself, refusing to look away from Tup. "What's wrong?"

He squeezed your hands tightly with a sniffle, turning away from your soft gaze with a frown. "It was just a bad dream. Nothing much."

"You can tell me." you softly said. "I'm here to listen." Tup sniffled again, and it was almost as if he were afraid of looking you in the eye. "(Y/n), I..." He trailed off, shoulders slumping as he heaved out a shaky breath. "I had a dream that I killed you. We were battling someone on a Separatist cruiser, then...my mind went blank and I shot you. I shot you."

He sat there in disbelief, holding your hands in his. You went quiet, and Tup wondered if you'd get up and walk away. "Love," your voice was soft, "dreams are often times manifestations of our own fears." He nodded solemnly. "I know, but it felt so real--I thought it actually happened and--" You pulled him close to your chest, resting your cheek against the cold plastoid of his armour. He rested his own head in the crook of your neck.

It didn't matter that you risked the chance of getting caught. You'd do it a thousand times over if it meant it helping the one you loved. "That won't happen, okay? It won't. I'll be here for you."

"But..."

"I'll be here for you." you firmly repeated. "Ratiin." Always, you had said. Tup relaxed into your hold that reminded him of forests and home cooked meals. He pulled you in tighter, squeezing you close and allowing the last of his tears to fall with a sniffle. "Ni kar'taylir darasuum, cyar'ika." I love you, darling, he had said. You smiled.

"I love you too."