art: fives

in a room full of art i'd still stare at you.

Summary:

Fives likes you. A lot. He just doesn't know how to confess because relationships are forbidden, so he just stares at you longingly.

Silky (h/c) locks, strong, fiery hues, and the most beautiful face Fives had ever laid eyes upon. Everything about General (Y/n) was perfect, from her attractive looks to her compassionate personality. Even in the heat of battle, she somehow looked god-like. The way the sun would shine on her, to the way the breeze would pass by. It all worked in her favour, and made her practically glow. From the day Fives met her, he knew she was his kryptonite. If you asked him about the legendary (Y/n) (L/n), then you'd think she were able to walk on water!

"Just ask her out already." Jesse said. "I can't stand watching the sexual tension." Hardcase grinned in reply. "He's just chicken."

"Or maybe he's actually following the rules." Echo cut in. Fives folded his hands together, discarding his bland rations and focusing on the Jedi a mere two meters away. She was sat on a crate, engaged in a fantastic retelling lf an adventure to Anakin and Ahsoka. The trio seemed to be having a blast while Fives...well, he longed to be there too. He wanted to interact more with (Y/n), not only as a soldider or a friend, but as something more.

That was it. His heart craved for something he knew he would never have. He wanted to shower (Y/n) with love and have it reciprocated just as intensely. Fives imagined himself by a fire, laughing and talking with (Y/n). The stars and moon would keep them company while the fire crackled in front of them. They'd kiss under the light of the moon, and everything would be okay.

Fives would be happy.

He'd have the love he craved.

He'd have what his heart desired most.

"Wow." Echo said. "You like her way more than I thought." Fives rubbed a hand over his face with a loud groan. "Is it that obvious?" Kix rolled his eyes. "Fives, you literally have hearts in your eyes for her. I'm just surprised you haven't tried any pick-up lines yet, or anything mildly romantic."

Fives snorted. "You want pick-up lines and romance? Fine." He thought for a moment before grinning like mad. Kix knitted his brows together, but before he could interrupt, Fived blurted out his dumb line. "(Y/n), you are the most beautiful girl I've ever met. You didn't have to be genetically modified to be as beautiful as the moon and stars, becaude in a room full of art, I'd still stare at you."

"You mean that?"

Fives jumped out of his skin. He didn't want to believe it, but there she stood in all her glory. (Y/n) hovered over Fives, hands on her hips. She felt the mix of emotions course through his veins with each passing second, so instead of being angry (which she'd never be) or annoyed (which she also wouldn't be), she smiled as sweetly as candy.

"Did you mean what you ssid Fives?" she inquired, taking a seat by his side. Fives wasn't sure if the sun had gotten hotter or not, because boy was it getting hot in here. "I-I-y-yes..."

A soft giggle as warm as summer escaped (Y/n)'s lips. "You're such a sweetheart. And if you were wondering, I like you too."

Fives almost fainted then and there.