(1) "Hog what?"

(A/n~ it's good to be back! I can't wait to start posting this again for y'all. So for now, here's the first chapter!! Enjoy!)

———

"How can that be, Sir? Magic isn't real. It's fiction," Edmund furrowed his eyebrows.

"Ah, but so is a wardrobe that leads to another world," the Professor smirked.

———

It was a rainy August morning and the Pevensie brothers were bored out of their minds. It had been raining for 3 days straight and they did about every indoor thing they could think of. So naturally, they decided to play pranks on their sisters.

They took an old whoopee cushion that they found and placed it beneath the cushion of the armchair that was in the library. They watched as Susan picked a book to read, opened it and sat down.

Suddenly, her eyes widened in horror as the sound of the whoopee cushion filled the room. She looked down at herself, her eyes still wide, trying to see if she thinks what just happened did in fact happen.

The boys started bursting out laughing, nearly scaring Susan half to death. She snapped her head over to them and slammed her book closed. Her facial expression changed into one of anger as she glared at the boys, who were now rolling on the floor.

"Very funny, you two," Susan said in anger. "Don't you have anything better to do?"

"Well, we were bored," Peter said between laughs. The boys were laughing so hard that tears were streaming down their faces.

"Well," Susan mocked, "find a way to entertain yourselves without bothering me!" Susan stepped over the boys who were still on the floor and headed to her bedroom, slamming the door.

~~~~~~

Just as the boys were about to come up with a prank for Lucy, there was a knock at their door.

"I'll get it," Edmund sighed.

Edmund made his way to the front door. Before opening it, he looked through the peep hole to see who was there. Standing on the veranda was an old man with a long beard. He had a rugged face, but gentle yet severe eyes. Resting on the bridge of his straight, long nose was a pair of half moon spectacles.

He was dressed in a silver robe with a matching hat that had a yellow tassel at the top like a fez.

Edmund stopped looking through the peep hole and hesitantly opened the door.

"Hello?" Ed asked.

"Hello! Is this the Pevensie residence?" The strange man asked.

"Yes sir. Do you need something?"

"I am looking for Peter and Edmund Pevensie. I'm assuming you're Edmund?"

Edmund nodded and the strange man gave a small friendly smile. "May I come in?" He asked.

"Yes, of course, Mister...?"

"Professor Dumbledore," the professor held out his hand to offer a hand shake. Edmund politely took his hand and firmly shook it. The Professor walked in, and looked around the home.

"Professor, why are you here, if you don't mind me asking?"

"I've come to tell you about my school. I've noticed that you two are very gifted young men, and I'd like you both to come to Hogwarts."

"Hog what?"

"Hogwarts, the school of which I am Headmaster."

"What kind of school is it?" Edmund asked suspiciously.

"It's a school of Magic. There, you'll learn to use magic and harness its power."

Magic? In this world? There's no such thing... Edmund thought.

"How could that be, Sir? Magic isn't real. It's fiction," Edmund furrowed his eyebrows.

"Ah, but so is a wardrobe that leads to another world," the Professor smirked.

Edmund stayed silent for a moment. How could he have known? It's impossible!

"I'll be right back," Edmund went up the stairs. He walked through the hall, and opened a door.

"Peter!" He walked into the room, closing the door behind him. "There's a man downstairs. He knows about Narnia."

"What?!" Peter shot up from his seat. "What did you do?!"

"I didn't do anything!! He just knocked on our door saying something about a school for magic!"

"Are you mad?!! Why would you let a strange man into our house?!"

"I don't know!! Just come downstairs with me!" Edmund started for the door.

Peter followed Edmund out of the door and downstairs. The Professor turned around and saw them both, and he smiled.

"Ah, I see you've brought your brother."

"Yes sir, this is Peter," Edmund introduced.

"I know. Now that you both are here, I'd like to tell you that you both have been enrolled into my school," the Professor said.

"Enrolled? What do you mean?" Peter asked.

"You both were born with the ability to use magic. At Hogwarts, you can learn how to use it."

"Why are you telling this to us now?" Peter asked.

"Well, I would've told you a long time ago, but your trip to Narnia made the Ministry of Magic think that you were much older than you are now."

The two brothers looked at each other in shock. He did know.

"How do you know about that?"

"Oh, I've been to Narnia myself. It seems like a lifetime ago. How is Aslan, by the way?"

"Um— h- he's well, Sir," Edmund answered.

"Good," the Professor smiled. "Now, about the details of your attendance—"

"Sir, we haven't decided if we even want to go yet," Edmund said.

"Oh, I trust that you two will come. Hogwarts is a very big opportunity that you wouldn't want to miss," the Professor said. "Now, as I was saying, here are your acceptance letters," the Professor took out his wand and flicked it in the air.

Suddenly, 2 pieces of paper appeared in the air and floated down into the boy's hands.

"Inside is a list of things you'll need for your lessons. You both will be in the 5th year level, because you both need time to study."

"But Sir—"

"I've spoken to your parents already, and they have agreed to let you attend," the Professor reached into his pocket and pulled out a pocket watch, looking at the time. "Well, I have other things to attend to. It was nice to meet you two. I'll see you next month," the Professor walked up to the door, then suddenly disappeared.

The Pevensies looked at each other in shock once again. They weren't even sure if they wanted to go to Hogwarts. But if their parents wanted them to go, they absolutely had to.

So they forgot about the strange Professor for a few days, until they heard another knock at their door.

———

A/n~

Hey! Welcome to the new 1st chapter! I hope you all enjoyed it!

I hope the rest of the chapters will be as good as this one because I originally wrote this like a long time ago 😭😭 BUT I'm trusting that I'll do my best!

Can't wait to continue writing this!!

-Nerdy__weirdo