(8) An Afternoon with Alexander

A/n~ sorry the gif is so grainy 😭😭

———

"Well," she paused, impressed. "You fit well in Slytherin."

"What can I say?" He smirked.

———

Inside McGonagall's office, Arya sat nervously in front of the Professor's desk.

Arya gathered up the courage to ask the question that was plaguing her mind: "Professor, am I in trouble?"

"Oh no, not at all, Miss Hale," said McGonagall. "I only want to ask you a favor."

"What would that be, Professor?"

"You are to accompany Mister Blackburn this afternoon and give him a school tour."

Arya was sure she didn't hear the Professor correctly. Blackburn, the new student? That can't be...

"Alexander Blackburn, Professor? The new student?"

"Yes, Miss Hale."

Arya panicked. Out of all of the things she had expected, this was not one of them. Everything that could have gone wrong quickly came to mind, along with the rumors that could spread. She knew it would be awful for her to be seen interacting with the new handsome Slytherin. It had already happened once, and the last thing she wanted was another gossip disaster. Her reputation had been tainted enough. "But... respectfully, Professor, why me? There's plenty of other students that I'm sure would be more than willing to take the job—"

"Miss Hale, I'm asking because Mister Blackburn asked for you specifically," McGonagall interrupted.

"What?" Arya was utterly shocked. How did he know her? Most importantly, they'd never met in their lives! Why would he choose her?

"You seem surprised," said McGonagall.

"Well, I am, Professor. I've never met Mister Blackburn."

"Really? Well, that's interesting. He seemed to know you."

"Professor, I swear, we've never met before."

"Are you quite sure?"

"Yes, ma'am."

McGonnagal paused before speaking again. "Still... I think it would be a good opportunity to get to know your new classmate."

"But Professor—"

"And it would be extremely rude of me to deny his request, Miss Hale. I'm sure you understand."

"I—" Seeing no point in trying to argue anymore, Arya gave in. "Yes, Professor," she reluctantly said.

"Good," McGonagall grinned. "Now, you will be meeting Mister Blackburn in the entrance hall at one o'clock."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Thank you, that is all. Dismissed," said McGonagall.

~~~

As 1 p.m. rolled around, Arya stood anxiously in the entrance hall. Not knowing what her afternoon would be like was frightening to her... What if Alexander was unpleasant, or what if she was seen with him? Looking at the deserted area around her, Arya ruled the latter unlikely. After all, it was a Hogsmeade weekend, and the castle was mostly deserted.

As she continued to speculate, she almost didn't notice someone approaching her. When the sound of footsteps broke her reverie, she saw Alexander. She became more anxious at the sight of him. He wore muggle clothes; sporting a black jacket with a matching shirt, jeans, and shoes. His outfit made Arya's black Converse, blue jeans, and tucked-in black band t-shirt look colorful.