(2) Arya Hale

"But... that's impossible. Magic never makes mistakes," Arya furrowed her eyebrows.

"As I said, it's complicated."

———

As Arya sat in her seat on the Hogwarts Express, the brunette girl waved goodbye to her mother and father. As the train left the station, she leaned back in her seat. She was excited to go back to Hogwarts, it was like a second home to her. As the train moved forward, Arya looked out of her window. The clouds formed a grey blanket around the sky, signaling that a storm was coming. As Arya got lost in her thoughts, a tapping noise snapped her out of it.

She looked at the door of the compartment, and she saw 2 boys standing in the hall. Arya got up and opened the door slightly.

"Can I help you?" She asked.

"Yeah, um... we were wondering if we could sit in here. Everywhere else is full," the dark-haired boy said.

"Oh, sure. Come in," she opened the door fully, letting them both in.

The boys both sat down across from her.

"I'm Edmund," the dark-haired boy said.

"Peter," the blond boy followed.

"I'm Arya. Nice to meet you both," she smiled.

"You too," they said in unison.

"I... don't think I've ever seen either of you in Hogwarts before. But you can't possibly be new, right?"

"Oh, no, we're new here," Edmund said.

"It's complicated," Peter added.

"Oh. Well, what made you come to Hogwarts so late?"

"Professor Dumbledore said that the Trace thought we were much older than we are," Peter explained.

"But... that's impossible. Magic never makes mistakes," Arya furrowed her eyebrows.

"As I said, it's complicated."

~~~~~~

After a while, they started talking about different things. The boys talked about which houses they wanted to get into and which classes they thought would be interesting. Once the ice was broken, the three of them talked like they'd known each other for years. It was sort of curious, but it also made sense in some strange way.

Once it was time, the three of them changed into their robes just before the train arrived, and then stepped off.

"Thanks for keeping me company, guys. I'll see you at dinner," Arya smiled, then walked off.

After Arya left, the two boys stood where they were a little awkwardly. They had no idea where to go until they heard a gruff voice calling out. They looked in the direction of the voice and saw a very large, bushy-haired man holding a lantern in his hand.

"1st years and new students, follow me!" The large man said.

~~~~~~

As the Pevensies walked in, they gaped at the inside of the castle. Even though they've had their own before, Hogwarts isn't like anything they've ever seen.

After looking around for a bit, their eyes landed on an older, tall, slim woman, wearing emerald green dress robes, and a witch's hat to match. The Pevensies stood behind the small crowd of first years, who had stopped in front of the woman. Her voice was slightly shrill, yet confident as she explained to the first years about being sorted and such. Since the Pevensies knew all the basics, they continued looking around at the moving paintings.