(3) Meeting Harry Potter and Battling Jealousy

"Yes, way!" Matilda giggled. "They seem to be jealous."

"Come off it. I'm way too lame for people to be jealous over."

———

The following morning, Peter and Edmund were walking through the courtyard together, making their way to their next class. As they walked, they discussed Quidditch, the popular Wizarding sport they had just learned about.

"The Slytherin seeker is someone named Draco Malfoy," Ed commented. "I keep hearing people talk about it in the common room. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about him."

"I don't know who ours is," said Peter, after looking up at the sky. "Haven't seen or heard anything. I'm just hoping he's not a tosser."

After he said that, a boy with dark hair, circular glasses, and a curious scar on his forehead slammed shoulders with Peter.

"Oh, um... sorry," the boy looked at Peter, his mouth forming a thin line before walking away.

"Who's that?" Edmund asked, noticing the boy's red-lined robes.

"Don't know," Peter answered.

~~~~~~

At lunch in the great hall, Arya sat at the Gryffindor table next to her friend Harry Potter, helping him with his Divination homework.

"Have you just made all of this up?" She asked, looking up at him after reading his paper.

"Well, I couldn't figure it out! What else was I supposed to do?"

Arya laughed, clutching her stomach. "Oh my gosh, you're a disaster."

Harry gave a small smile as he shook his head.

Arya heard someone sit down on the other side of her, and she looked to see who it was. It was Peter. He slammed his homework down on the table as he sat down and dropped his bag on the ground.

"What's wrong?" Arya asked, curious at his behavior. Harry looked back down at his homework and pretended not to eavesdrop.

"Potions sucked," was his response. "I stood up to that stupid professor and he deducted 10 points from Gryffindor."

"What? Why?"

"He was picking on a Hufflepuff, and I thought it was ridiculous so I told him to knock it off. He didn't like that very much."

"I'm honestly not surprised. Snape kinda sucks."

Harry tried to hide his snicker.

"Tell me about it."

"Oh, by the way, have you met Harry?" Arya leaned back in her seat, revealing the other boy next to her. Peter looked at Harry and recognized him from earlier that day.

"Not officially, no," he smirked, then held out his hand and introduced himself. "Peter Pevensie."

"Harry, Harry Potter," Harry shook his hand.

"Oh, you're Harry Potter. I've heard a lot about you."

"Ditto," Harry's mouth formed a thin line.

They all suddenly felt someone else sit down on the long bench. Next to Peter, Edmund sat down with a sour look on his face. Harry furrowed his brows, wondering why a Slytherin of all people was sitting at the Gryffindor table.

"You okay, Ed?" Peter asked.

"I had the misfortune of meeting Draco Malfoy and his goons," he said, the sour look on his face resolute. "What a bunch of idiots."