Chapter 17: The Letter

Dear Abby, 

      You didn't give me the chance to explain. I know you hate me now, that you will probably never talk to me again but I have to tell you this. 

When I first realized you were my mate I was confused because my father had just informed me that I would need to have an Alpha Female or he would not give over the pack. I was angry with him and not you. 

Now I know more about why my father gave me this demand. After his 'little speech' I confronted him and discovered that he has depleted the packs'  treasury. Apparently my father has a gambling issue. Well now he owes tons of money to Diane's father. In payment he demanded that Diane become Alpha female of our pack. That she become my wife. 

I never wanted to hurt you. I love you. I hope one day you will forgive me. 

                                                                                                          Matt

I cried for an hour after I read his letter. I wanted to apologize for the things I had said, but it was too late. Yesterday, three weeks after I discovered the truth, my parents recieved a wedding invitation for one Matthew Mitchell and Diane FiggleHopper.

I should have never let myself fall in love, it only hurts in the end. 

***************************************************************************************************************************************

Comment! Vote! Fan! (Please!)