Chapter 12: Senior Year

The trees surrounded me on all sides. They were closing in on me. I started running, faster and faster. My wolf yelled inside me to phase but I couldn't. For some reason I knew if I phased I would die. So I kept running. 

I stopped suddenly when I reached a clearing. Sunlight streamed down though the break in the trees and wild flowers were everywhere. It was beautiful, but my mind was screaming at me to keep running, that I was not safe. I took a step into the clearing and heard a growl. Before I could move a wolf jumped from the line of trees into the clearing. It was clearly female because it was small, but it's attitude made up for size. 

The she-wolf growled at me, baring her teeth. I turned with her as she circled me. After one rotation she attacked. I phased at impact, fighting back. Somehow she got on top of me and went for my throat. She was going to tear it out!

***************************************************************************************************************

I shot up in bed breathing hard and covered in sweat. My lip was covered in blood. I touched them and felt my canines sink back in. They had come out in response to my body thinking it was in danger. The glow of the clock told me it was six in the morning. I might as well get up. My legs were shaky as I walked into the bathroom. I splashed water on my face and groaned when I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I had huge bags under my eyes. Guess I am wearing concealer today. What a perfect way to begin my senior year of high school.

After showing I tore my closet apart looking for something to wear. I really should have picked out my outfit last night. I finally decided on a pair of red skinny jeans and a white tee with the confederate flag on it. I wore my hair down and loaded concealer under my eyes.

I was done getting ready by seven o'clock. At least I would have time to eat this morning. I was about to go downstairs when my cell phone rang. I scrambled across the bed to reach it because the ring tone was Matt's.

"Matt!" I cried when I answered.

"Good morning Sweetie." Matt's voice sent a wave of peace through me. My wolf calmed down considerably. I had been getting more irritated by the day away from Matt.

"Hi, I miss you." I told him. He chuckled and said he missed me too.

'So this weekend when I come down I was thinking about taking you to the movies. Does that sound good?" He asked.

"It sounds perfect, I can't wait to see you. I don't like it when you are gone, my day has been horrible."

"Your day? It is only seven." He said laughing at my indignant tone.

"Well, my morning has been horrible then." I said huffing.

"Well, it will get better. I got to go, I just wanted to call and wish you a good first day. Bye Baby!" That phone call made my morning a thousand times better.

*********************************************************************************************************

I pulled into the school parking lot and parked as close to the building as I could get because it had started to rain. I sat there mentally giving myself a pep talk about how it was my last year at school and that I could get though it. About the time I got to the part where I had all easy classes because I had already taken all the advance classes my school offered my car door was pulled open.

"What are you doing sitting there? Come on we have to find out what classes we have together!" Jenna said pulling me out of the car. Once inside the building we were joined by Kaylee who held our schedules in her hand. All three of us had homeroom together and gym last period. That meant we would be practicing tennis on the inside court. Yeah, our school has an inside tennis court, two actually. We also have an indoor swimming pool and an ice skating rink all located in the school's sports complex on the back of the building. Our school is for rich kids.