30| Attack

A R A B E L L A

A gunshot.

Gunshot.

I froze. I completely froze. I couldn't move.

My mind drifted back to the worst day of my life. I remembered the sound of the gunshot that killed Noah. The exact same sound I am hearing right now. I wonder who it will take away from me this time.

All the blood on the floor, on my hands, on my clothes, on his body. Blood. Blood. Blood everywhere.

My thoughts were interrupted when my father grabbed my arms, protecting me as he pulled me behind him and my brothers, shielding me from the danger. I, however, didn't waste a second before taking my gun out of my purse. I was going to fight this time. I am not going to watch another one of my loved ones die.

"Arabella, what are you doing? And where the fuck did you get that gun from?" Leo questioned as he has seen me pull out my weapon. After hearing this question everyone who wasn't busy fighting had turned their attention toward me.

"Look, I know this will be a shock for you but Mama gave me the gun. I promise I know how to use it. I will tell you everything details when we get back home. Safely."

"Bella, you don't get it. This is dangerous." Emilio expressed worriedly.

"Yeah, I know. It's not my first rodeo."

"There is no way in hell that we are going to risk your safety and let you fight." Lucas protested.

"Papa." I turned to my father. "Please. You must trust me. There aren't enough men to fight all the intruders. We need to bring everyone back alive. You can't all focus on protecting me. It will get everyone killed in the process. I promise I can protect myself."

"Fanculo." Papa cursed. "Okay. Okay. Go ahead. But be careful."

"Father." Marco protested. "What the hell?!"

"I trust her. And I trust Emilie." He replied. "Matteo, always stay near her in case she needs something."

"Of course." The younger twin agreed without hesitation.

From the corner of my eyes, I had noticed a man approaching us wanting to take the opportunity to shoot at us since no one was concentrated. Coward. But I was quicker, I grabbed my gun and pulled the trigger as I aimed at his throat.

"Holy shit." I heard Angelo's faint voice.

"Let's go. I intend to get out of here alive."

I was fast to spot the punch one of the combatant was throwing my way, I dodged it and then punched her in the stomach, without giving her time to recover I aimed at her jaw again. I benefited from her loss of balance to use my gun and knock her out. I only kill if I must.

Here comes another one of those fucker. I love the adrenaline and rush flowing through my veins. It had been too long since I did this. I lived for this thrill. I kneeled him in the groin and use directed my fist to his throat. The bitch grabbed his gun and shot but fortunate for me, I didn't even have to duck the bullet since it flew inches away from me. Pathetic, can't even aim right.

I glanced around the room and Marco was fighting a soldier with nothing but his hand while the other had a weapon. I assumed Marco must have run out of bullets. I decided to help my brother and pulled the trigger, shooting the soldier in the middle of his forehead. Bullseyes, baby.

"You are welcome, brother."

As we continued to normally fight the intruders, I began to think deeply and place the pieces together. I wondered why would someone send their amateur crew to attack a ball with mafia bosses and highly trained soldiers who can take them down easily? A warning? A game? A distraction?