you okay?

summary: peter knows when something is wrong, and he came in to save the day

warnings: angst to fluff

a/n: this is based on how i was feeling today hehe im ok i swear 

Even without his Peter tingle, he could feel that something was wrong. Usually, you were bright and social, sending everyone a contagious smile left and right. But today, it wasn't like that.

You were quiet and when everyone asked if something was okay, you brushed them off and reassured them with a warm smile.

But Peter could see right through that. He walked you to class, ate lunch with you, and helped you with your assignments. You didn't laugh as hard as you used to at his jokes. There were no witty flirty comebacks. Just small tight-lipped smiles and a hand that brushed your hair behind your ear.

He just wanted to pick you up, skip school and swing you to his place. He wanted to hold you close and tell you everything is going to be okay. Thing is, he knew you both were too scared to skip so he waited until after school.

You avoided looks of concern and "are you okay"s. You quickly managed to snake through the crowded hallway and get to your locker. After putting away some books and putting some in your locker, you closed the door, your eyes being met with worried brown hues.

"Hi Pete," you smile softly, hugging a textbook close to your chest.

He sighs, smiling back, "Wanna head to Delmar's then my place?" he asks.

It's as if he knew what you just needed. You nodded quickly, the two of you walking off to catch a train and head to Delmar's.

"You okay kid?" Mr. Delmar asks, handing you and Peter your sandwiches.

You smile warmly for what felt like the millionth time that day, "I'll be okay, thank you, Mr. Delmar."

"Don't even mention it," he nods, his facial expression understanding.

You and Peter eat the sandwiches on his fire escape, legs dangling off the edge.

"Hoaw wasth youre daye, Y/n?" he asks with his mouth full, munching on his sandwich.

You couldn't really understand him and glance at him tilting your head. He looks back at you, also tilting his head but his cheeks full like a chipmunk.

You crack a smile and couldn't help but stifle a quiet laugh, "Huh?"

He swallows his food and instantly smiles, "How was your day, Y/n?"

You chuckle and lean your head on his shoulder, "It's somewhat better now," you mutter softly.

He sighs, putting his hand on your knee and caresses it. A simple, yet effective gesture. You felt your eyes tear up at what an amazing person Peter is.

"After we eat, do you wanna cuddle?" he asks quietly. You nod in response.

You two finish up eating and he throws it away. He walks back and sees you wiping your cheeks with your sleeve. His heart clenches and he walks over. You look up at him, eyes still a bit teary.

"C'mere," he murmurs, his arms held out for you. You sniffle and laugh half-heartedly, standing up. You hug him tightly, and he hugs back, rubbing your head.

He picks you up and brings you to his room. He places you on his bed, lying you down. He closes his door and crawls in behind you, pulling a warm blanket over both of you.

"You could vent if you want y'know? You don't have to either, we could do whatever you want," he says in a hushed tone.

You smile softly, "Cuddle please," you whisper and he easily obliges, wrapping his arm around your waist. He pulls you close enough to where you feel his heartbeat.

"You okay?"

"I am now, I was just having one of those days. Where my life just stopped and I took a step back to look at it. For some reason, I felt tired of being that friend. The confident, happy-go-lucky friend that everyone depends on."

"Oh, we all have those days. But hey, hey. It's completely okay to feel that way. Friends like you need a break every now and then. You carry all that weight on your shoulders, it's understandable that you want to take those weights off."

"You're Y/n, one of the strongest people I know. One of the sweetest, most caring, and prettiest girls I know," he presses a kiss against your head. He instantly panics at his actions, "I-I'm sorry, I should've asked- I-I uh-"

"It's okay, and I like you too," you say softly.

"Y-you do? W-wait too?" he sputters, feeling his cheeks burns.

"You're not the best at keeping secrets, Parker."

"Not true!"

"I found out you were Spider-Man because you told me. Remember that tik tok challenge, where I kept asking you is there something you need to tell me as a joke? You panicked and said you were Spider-Man-"

"I know, I know," he buries his face in your neck embarrassed.

You turn your side and look at him, "Peter?"

"Yeah?" he looks down at you, rubbing away a tear that rolled down your cheek.

"I love you. You mean so much to me, and I mean so much. Today proved how much of an amazing friend, and the person you are," you mumble.

"And superhero," he whispers. You laugh and push him playfully in response. "But I love you too, Y/n," he pulls you closer, kissing your forehead, "So much."