my medication

summary: you and peter are two broken teenagers in love, and this is how you help each other

word count: 3.7k

warnings: triggering topics: ptsd, depression, medications, panic attacks, insecurities, etc. angst, fluff

edited: oh wow it's been a while since i've uploaded a fic huh? well if you read this, you'll kinda get to know me and understand why i've been mia lol. anyway i really need a peter in my life agh!

a/n: yeaaa this is going to be a pretty heavy fic. but it'll have a lil fluff to heal some of the pain yk? haven't had much energy to write, but i'm at a point where i need to write to cope yanno lol. so yea, this'll be sad yet comforting, i hope! so enjoy but be warned, this is heavily based on my own personal experiences. and if you're going through any of this, please feel free to reach out. i'm here for you all x

You're each other's sunshine. Though you've both never told each other so, it's like you're both aware regardless. You met Peter shortly after the death of his Uncle Ben, and you remember that day like it was yesterday. It was during the beginning of freshman year.

You noticed the brunette freckled boy moping through the hallway as he passed you by. You've seen him before, usually with another kid a bit shorter and chubbier than him. They both always had bright smiles on their faces, but freckles wasn't smiling that day. You noticed he sat alone during lunch too. His friend must've been absent that day because you didn't see him. His face looked so worn out you couldn't stand seeing him like that.

Peter Parker.

He sat next to you in algebra honors, by the window. Always focused, helpful, and kind. He was and still is the definition of warm. One day you decided to muster up some confidence, sense you remembered all the times you've been alone while you were sad and absolutely dreaded the feeling, you didn't want him to feel the same. You didn't want anyone to. You made your way over to his table and stood there a bit awkwardly, "Hey, Peter right?"

He looked up at you with an expression full of shock and confusion, "Uh, yea. Parker. Why?"

You were taken back a bit by his sudden defensive tone but understood at the same time, he must've been going through something tough. You knew that kind of look. Hopelessness, loss, and possibly pain. It's not like you knew him, but you had a feeling he wasn't usually this tense and blunt. You shake off the pity and flash him a comforting smile, "Just wanted to ask if any of these seats are taken?"

"Well, clearly not."

"Cool," you sat down in front of him, refraining from giggling when you saw his eyes widen at your actions.

"You're Y/n, right? L/n? From..."

"Algebra," you nodded and took out your lunch to eat with him.

A small smile formed at the ends of his lips, "Cool."

The two of you hung out more often after properly meeting each other. To your surprise, within a couple of weeks, he opened up to you about what had happened to his uncle. For yourself, it'd take more than a couple of weeks to open up about something so vulnerable. Though, eventually, you opened up to him as well about your troubles and hardships.

Soon enough you and Peter always came to each other to confide in one another. You both grew a strong relationship, bonded over interests, shared trauma, and other typical cliches that the author is too lazy to list. You and Peter were inseparable, so of course, things led to one another and you ended up falling for each other. Though how that happened was quite like a dream. Another memory you remember, like it was on the back of your hand, the summer of junior year.