did that just happen?

summary: peter's accident turns into a mutual confession

request: HI BEAUTIFUL can I request!! reader pursing her lips whilst listening to Peter talk but he thinks she wanted a kiss so he gives her a peck whilst the friendship group or the avengers are around and it shocks them and leaves the reader dumbfounded? thought this would be cute!!!

warnings: fluff

author's note: awe this is super cute, thanks!

You, Peter, Ned, and MJ are all sleeping over Peter's apartment for a long Star Wars marathon that the boys insisted about.

You and MJ sat on the couch together, legs entangled as you both munch on popcorn. Peter and Ned are on an airbed in front of the couch, sitting close to each other.

"I'm hungry, is the pizza almost here?" Ned whines, making the rest of you groan.

"We just ordered it fatass," MJ grumbles.

You giggle, shaking your head and checking your phone, "There are about 25 minutes until it comes here."

Ned groans and leans on Peter, "Dude, relax," Peter laughs, ruffling his hair.

After finishing up another Star Wars movie you all spark up a conversation or chill on your phones. "When the pizza gets here we should eat on the fire escape," you hum, poking Peter's head with your foot.

Peter glares at you playfully, rubbing the back of his head, "That sounds fun, but it might be cold," he adds on.

"Then we could bring blankets," Ned pipes up, grabbing popcorn from MJ's bowl.

She slaps his hand and holds the bowl close to herself, "I don't care, just as long as I eat pizza," she says.

"Outside it is," you grin cheekily at Peter who rolls his eyes.

Soon the pizza came and you all ended up outside, wrapped up in blankets. You all sit around the pizza, talking and eating.

"You guys are going to the end of the year dance right?" Ned asks.

MJ scrunches up her nose, "I don't want to but you guys will probably force me."

"I don't want to go either-" Peter huffs but you quickly interrupt.

"Wait so you're going right?" you look into his eyes, slightly pouting out your bottom lip.

Peter groans and leans his head on your shoulder, "I hate it when you do that. Fine!"

"That was easy," Ned chuckles, looking out at the easy.

"Peter's easy," MJ says under her breath which Peter catches, glaring at her playfully.

He grumbles and takes another slice of pizza. "I could help you find something to wear," you try to lighten up the mood.

Peter chuckles, "Sure, why not."

While you and Peter talk about the dance, Ned and MJ exchange knowing glances.

"I'm gonna go read, I had enough pizza," MJ walks off, which was a normal thing for her to do so the two of you didn't suspect anything.

"Yeah, I-I'm going to play on your PlayStation Peter," Ned grabs another slice and rushes off.

"They probably got cold," you shake your head.

"I'm cold," Peter mutters, slowly getting up.

"No, cuddle," you pull him back down and wrap his arm around you, "See, no more cold."

He snickers, holding you close, "You're a dork."

"Shut up," you shove him, "Hey! You never told me about that one night where you had a crazy patrol."

"Oh yeah!" he looks down at you, "It was super crazy. So this lady was buying fruit or something and then a thief came up behind her to steal her purse. But luckily I got to him before he ran off with it," he begins to tell his story.

You admire how his eyes light up as he talks to you, you nod along with him, smiling.

"Then he was like, dude what's your problem? And I was stealing isn't cool- bam then I knocked him out. Then the lady turned around, thinking I was stealing her purse, then," he breathes out.

"Then?" you tilt your head, loving the way he talks.

"She began to throw a bunch of fruit at me!" he exclaims, acting out his words, "And I was like, no! Lady I was helping," he laughs, noticing how you're laughing with him.

You purse your lips and tuck a hair behind your ear, looking into his eyes as he laughs. He feels his heart race and he flickers his eyes down to your lips. His mind swirls with thoughts.

She's so cute. Wait. Is she trying to tell me something? Do I kiss her? Do I ask first or doesn't that ruin the mood? What do I do!?

He panics and quickly pecks your lips, making your eyes widen. He pulls away faster, "Oh my god- sorry! Y-you didn't want a kiss? Wait of course you didn't I-" he stammers, his whole face including the tips of his ears turning red.

You shut him up and hold his face, pressing your lips against his sweetly. He melts at your touch and places his hands on top of yours, kissing back.

You both pull away from each other instantly when you hear screaming from his apartment. You both turn even redder if that were possible because Ned and MJ cheer the two of you on.

"Fucking called it!" MJ punches Ned's shoulder, making him wince in pain.

"So did I!" Ned whines, rubbing his shoulder.

"Guys!" You and Peter cry in embarrassment. You hide your face in Peter's chest and he blushes more, holding you.

"So you two are dating now right?"

"W-what? I don't," Peter looks at you and you shrug smiling.

"We'll figure it out, now leave us alone," you stick out your tongue.

"Yeah yeah, just don't make babies," MJ walks back to the couch. Ned stifles a laugh and joins her on the couch.

You shake your head and look over at Peter. He rubs the back of his neck, "So," you bite your lip.

"We kissed," he says quietly.

"Yep," you nod.

"Did that just happen?"