XVIII

The Sludge Monster ______________________________________

The street was in panic. A large crowd was gathered, everyone taking pictures and making videos with none of them caring for their own safety.

Izuku pushed to the front of the crowd. He noticed the people looking at whatever was happening ahead like it was for entertainment.

He scoffed. These people risk their lives by standing idle and making videos and taking pictures in a crisis and when they get hurt they yell at heroes!

He was training to protect these people!?

Putting the bitter thoughts towards the back of his head, Izuku, having finally made to the front, looked around. Fire was everywhere. The shops were burnt. There were signs of explosions-- probably from gas pipes catching fire.

"What happened here?" Izuku asked a pedestrian besides him, his eyes never leaving the sludge like villain.

The man looked over at him. "It's a villain. He appeared out'a the sewage system and has been wreaking havoc ever since." The man pointed at the stomach of the villain.

"That bastard kidnapped a kid! He must be a fuckin' pedophile, yeah!" Izuku focused on the sludge villain's stomach and sure enough, a kid with ash blonde hair was trying to rip himself away from the grotesque villain's belly.

That kid looked… familiar. Izuku noticed a girl with green and blonde hair standing by the barriers and the police tape.

"Who's that?" The man looked over to the girl. "How the hell should I know? She's been yelling the kid's name ever since!" Izuku narrowed his eyes. Both figures looked familiar to him.

"What's that Boy's name?" The man narrowed his eyes. "Boy, you've been askin' lot'a questions!" Izuku glared at the man, his icy blue eyes piercing into the man's own.

"I-I dunno! She's been calling him Zuki or was it tsuki! I dunno man, my hearin's not good! I swear!"  The man spluttered, waving his arms wildly.

"Katsuki." Izuku whispered. He looked over to the man. "Are there any heroes working to help the boy?" The man shook his head.

"We've got Death arms and Mt. Lady standin' there. They say their quirks aren't good for this situation. Mount lady is just posing for the camera. Apparently she can't turn gigantic in such a narrow street." He scoffed. "At least backdrafts and Kamui woods doin' somethin'."

He shook his head, his eyes softening. "Poor kid. I hope he'll hold on till a real hero get's here! Hopefully All Might!"

Izuku, despite the situation, couldn't stop the smile that tugged on his mouth. 

"What a sight to behold. Long time no see Katsuki, Izumi."

"What do you say we resolve this situation Sen?" The apparition of Senbonzakura materialised in front of him, unseen to everyone.

"Very well." Sen held out his hand "Call unto me and I shall respond. Trust my blade and I shall cut everything that stands in your way."

Izuku nodded with a smile. "Of course I trust you." He stepped forward, startling the man.

"Where ya goin' boy!? It's dangerous there!" Izuku ignored the man, stepping further and further towards the police tape.

All eyes were on him now. Including the eyes of the camera of the newscaster on the scene.

Izuku stepped forward, passing through the apparition of Senbonzakura who shattered in a volley of neon pink Sakura petals.