XX

Spar
_______________________________

Mayumi woke up to an unfamiliar ceiling for the second time. As she sat on the bed she felt pain pass over her bodies. The bruises had yet to heal.

"That was a good sleep." She said to herself with satisfaction. She was went to the bathroom in the room. After freshening up, she changed into the clothes left by Rei.

She exited the room and found herself in a long corridor. She looked left and right, unsure of where to go.

"Mayumi-chan? You're awake?" A familiar voice called out to her.

She turned to the source. "Yes Rei-san. I had a good rest. I hope you had a good sleep too."

Rei smiled, "I certainly had a good night sleep. I'm happy you're feeling better already. Now, let's get some breakfast." Mayumi nodded, happy to have some food.

The two walked together. Mayumi admired the mansion as they walked. It was certainly big and luxurious. Much bigger than the Ishida House.

Rei smiled as the girl's eyes scoured the hallways and rooms as they walked. The child like innocence reminded her of when Izuku and Shoto were younger. She sighed as she realised how big they had gotten. Shoto had become more open and showed more expression. Izuku had the opposite effect. She, however, couldn't blame either Izuku or the cause, Hisashi.

"Ah, you're here." Hisashi greeted the two of them. He sat at the end of the long table. Hoshi sat on his lap.
Next to him was an open chair, obviously for Rei. Opposite of Rei's chair sat Izuku. Next to him was Shoto.

Rei lead Mayumi to the left side of the table. She sat opposite to Izuku on the open chair, as Mayumi had guessed, and gestured for Mayumi to sit next to her.

An old man with grey hair tied back into a thin ponytail stood next to Kuchiki-sama. A thin but noticeable scar ran vertically across his lip.

"Ah, Ishida, this is Vlad. My... Butler and Izuku's mentor." Mayumi bowed seated.

"Pleasure to meet you." She greeted. Vlad waved at her with a smile. The wrinkles around his eyes showed his age.

"You must be hungry." Hisashi said. Vlad snapped his fingers and the door, different to the one Rei and Mayumi had entered through, opened and multiple maids walked in, all carrying plates, cutlery and food.

"We couldn't show the right courtesy yesterday. The chefs were given a leave. I hope this makes up for yesterday's dis-courtesy." His smile seemed kind but for some reason that made her uncomfortable. This man put her on edge.

Mayumi aggressively shook her head, "The thought didn't dare cross my mind. You have been too courteous, in fact. I won't take advantage of your hospitality further. After this, I shall take my leave."

"Have you been healed already?" Surprisingly, Shoto asked the question. Mayumi looked at him a bit startled.

"Uh, y-yes." Hoshi, who had crawled onto Rei's lap when Hisashi was talking, gently poked her in the ribs. Mayumi audibly winced in pain.

"There is no need to put on an act. You aren't troubling us at all dear. You can stay for as long as you like. Right boys?" Rei started with a motherly tone but as she asked the males in the room for confirmation, her voice turned sickly sweet.