Chapter 8

Kumi: "What are you doing here? (AAAAAAhhhhhh what the hell I can't control my mouth)"

Aiden: "... Nothing, why do you ask?"

Kumi: [Damn it, I don't know what to say, why can't calm down... Let's do a practical answer] I was curious since I haven't talked to someone close to my age. [I said too much]

Aiden: "Well it's nice to meet you... what should I call you?"

Kumi: "You can call me Kumi and how should I call you prince?"

Aiden: "You may call me Aiden"

[If I think about it, this is my first time to act like this] There was a long silence when it was interrupted by a loud voice, "Monsters!!!"

Kumi was distracted to notice there were indeed many monsters heading their way. Ethan and Cil got closer to Kumi standing behind him, while prince Aiden's necklace became a sword preparing to fight.

Kumi raised his hand signaling Ethan and Cil to stand by, Kumi was curious of what the prince was capable of, a character that was only mentioned no more than two times. In the novel, the first time he was mentioned was when they were discussing the affairs outside their own kingdom mentioning him as a minor king who was cruelly killing his own father to gain the throne but this didn't make sense since he was the sole heir. When he was invited to the announcement of the marriage between the male and female leads he was mentioned a second time, there was no more detail and was never mentioned again.

The prince moved forward slashing one monster getting ready for the next but many soldiers rushed to him, protecting him from the monster from all sides. The prince was expressionless but Kumi caught a glance at him looking dissatisfied; he was not sure if what he saw was right.

Kumi was done with curiosity flashing forward using his ice magic he created a sword slashing multiple monsters. Hew let a breath out letting out vapor, it was not cold whatsoever but at that moment the temperature dropped. Using two other spells the monsters froze in place and were pierced by ice arrows.

Ethan pulled out his sword noticing that Kumi had already depleted most of his mana. He embedded his sword in magic, with this Kumi killed 27 monsters while Ethan killed 40 and Cil killed 0 due to Others already finished killing all monsters.

Since it was getting dark, they set up tents. Kumi stumbled and was caught by the prince, and the prince said, "Are you tired?" Kumi was not tired but thought if he said he just stumbled and was not tired it would hurt the prince's pride since he was older than him and almost did nothing while fighting the monsters.

"Yes," [Since when have I been this considerate?] Kumi thought.

"Sit down, and rest," Aiden said with worry. Not later Kumi actually fell asleep leaning on the prince's shoulder, sleeping soundly. The prince didn't want to wake him up and stayed still the entire time. Kumi then moved to fall in the prince's lap, the prince was surprised he didn't move and he fell asleep as well, his head nodding from time to time. The surrounding people found this scene cute and didn't want to disturb them. Ethan brought two blankets one to put on the prince's shoulder while the other covering Kumi.

That night Kumi dreamed of his past lives.

In his first life, he was mistreated to the point he wanted to take his mind out of it and focused on gaining knowledge seeing them less and less, but because of this, he began to love learning different things, while gaining knowledge he thought of going back to pay them a visit then killing them but got too absorbed in his work when someone made a new discovery.

His second life was much better but his parents managed a big company and did not have time to spend on him, he had an older brother who loved him and played with him but moved abroad to study then suddenly his parents died in an accident, his brother couldn't come because of an important exam leaving him to deal with this alone. Many of his relatives clung to him as he had the money of both his parent's insurance and company. Later he found out that his parents were purposefully killed by one of his relatives. He stayed with a different relative each week to decide where he would stay and investigate who actually killed his parents. The last relative's household were impatient since there was no guarantee they would become his guardian and used a different method from the rest that acted kindly and talked badly about him and his parents behind his back. They revealed the truth and threatened him of killing his brother like his parents, since he was just a child and couldn't do anything he endured their abuse, and using his parent's money.

Deep hatred for them rose each day. He didn't want anyone else to get revenge for him; he wanted to do it himself, not letting the police or anyone else involved. Little by little he gained materials he needed to kill, and he killed using fire to let them suffer a little longer since he couldn't torture them, leaving them with broken bones it wouldn't be seen as an accident. He then was taken care of his grandparents, giving him love and attention but this didn't last long his grandmother died 3 years after his grandfather killed himself in front of him since couldn't live without her, He was small and couldn't reach the rope that was around his grandfather's neck leaving him with less air to breathe each second being unable to help his grandfather He called an ambulance but they didn't arrive in time, his grandfather apologized to him repeatedly in his last moments. After this he was left crying the whole day and night leaving him no more tears to shed, he was awake the whole night but later fell asleep since was already at his limit of keeping himself awake so as to not dream about them.

In a way, he sympathized with the original Kumi who had a similar situation as him, But he had a brother who came and consoled him the minute he woke up.