chapter 18

Winter has begun and Ron approached me in school hours. "What's the matter?" I asked.

"The King has begun investigating about us, using other Nobels as bait."

"So?"

Ron was taken aback by his response but continued, "What should we do?"

"Kill those who get close, get information from those who are willing and kill those who aren't willing, it's not a big deal"

"That may be so but we still need your approval, and there is nothing thing I need to report"

"Update me in the situation" I said as I looked at the bird who rested on a tree, for some reason it seemed odd.

"There-"

"Stop" Ron looked at me curious as to why I stooped him. I pointed at the bird and he had a expression saying what did he mean. "That bird is being controlled by magic, a rare type called animal control or it may be a familiar" He said in a low voice only they could hear

"What should we do about it?" Ron whispered.

"Kill it and tell Ethan to investigate who the owner is."

The bird seemed to have sensed Ron's killing intent and tried to flee but failed as Ron's hidden blade reached the bird before it could escape. Ron came down from the tree and proceeded in his report while the dead bird was left on the ground.

"There is another group of people trying to find the ingredients and recipes for the products that have begun to flourish even more, The guild leader Berko has requested our help to eliminate their rivals our goals align with him as well as that guild has been causing trouble for us and we suspect they are hired by the King to investigate us." He said finishing his report.

"Find those group of people and eliminate them, that will give others who want the same information a warning, and about the king I'll investigate that myself so prepare an excuse for me to go out of the academy."

"For how long to you plan to be out of the Academy?"

"Less than a week or almost 5 days"

"I don't know if this is important but the resources we get is mostly from the Neplos kingdom,"

I thought for a moment and asked, "What of it?"

"Their agriculture seems to be advanced the advancement happened 7 years ago and they are flourishing with better crops than any other kingdom or empire their land makes it possible for them to do this."

"Oh, so you mean because of this other kingdoms are keeping an eye out for their kingdom meaning there might be a war," 'meaning Aiden might be in danger in the near future'

"Yes"

"Look out for other kingdoms actions against the Nell's kingdom as well as the actions of the Neplos kingdom and report to me about anything relating to it," We stood in silence for a minute before I asked, "Why did you report that to me?"

"Are you not friends with the only prince of the Neplos Kingdom?"

"I guess I am," The cold wind brushed against me and I felt even colder than a normal person would, I have ice element making my body slightly colder than a normal person and considering how my body grew even colder when I was in that cave it feels like hell. My breath shook and I felt like trembling but I didn't I wanted nothing more than going back inside the building.

"Clean up the mess before you go, leave no evidence behind" I said leaving immediately after.

The moment he arrived inside he bumped into Aiden who saw Kumi's pink nose and cheeks. "Were you outside for a long time?"

"Yeah, I was with Ron, don't worry."

"Let's go then," He said as he grabbed Kumi by his hand and at the fist touch he stopped and looked at Kumi, who seemed to be enjoying holding his hand, it wasn't hard to guess why Kumi's hand was cold as ice and since Aiden had the fire element and sun's fire(legendary) his body was warmer than anyone's making it unbearable in the summer. Kumi probably was enjoying his warmth.

Kumi looked at Aiden who has stopped and asked, "What?"

"Are you cold?"

"Is it not obvious?"

Aiden laughed and said, "Yes, it is" He looked around when he confirmed there was no one he pulled Kumi toward him.

Kumi was stunned he lifted his head slightly being their faces close together, Aiden hugged him to give him warmth and he felt his cold body getting slightly warmer but that didn't mean he wasn't nervous since he was in fact very nervous and blushing furiously.

When Aiden sensed someone getting closer he still didn't let go knowing who it was. He turned his head to see Ashrith who stopped in his tracks and looked around, he started to walk backward thinking he might interrupt them, after all this was an improvement.

"What are you doing?" Kumi said as his head tilted to see Ashrith of course he knew he had come.

"Hahaha what are you guys doing?"

"Kumi is cold so I'm giving him some of my warmth," Aiden responded.

"Oh, I see, do you need my warmth too?" He said extending his arms towards both of them.

Kumi looked at him with a blank face while Aiden just gave a small smile saying, "I think I'm enough"

"Really?" He said checking both of their temperatures, he looked and Aiden and said, "You sure are more than enough" 'Not that I wanted to interrupt your precious hugging time, perhaps your fist time hugging each other'

____________________________________

Sorry for any mistakes