Chapter 24

One week later

"We will go out and get some real life experience so be prepared, it will take place two days from now"

'Training? right, this happened in the novel the heroine gets surrounded by monsters and demonic monsters because of her light magic, the male leads come to the rescue she gets hurt and they take care of her.' By now the male leads hate him to the core but don't come look for unnecessary trouble and only look at him with scorn, their previous admiration is now gone due the subtle guidance of Amba.

There are many who fall for Amba but only 6 of them have important positions, rank, or talent.

The teacher said it will be a combination of 3 classes meaning that Aiden, Alima and Ashrith will be there.

They could also choose their teammates of course there is a limit of 5 group members.

They all decided to be on the same team and had one spot open which Amba took the opportunity to take.

She could clearly go with a male leads group but she didn't, she must be planning something.

And as the saying goes Keep your friends close; keep your enemies closer.

He did not object but Ashrith seemed to have something to say about it but I deliberately ignored it.

The awaited day came, since this event isn't that dangerous there was no safety precaution but if something were to happen they can send a signal.

All of them were walking in pairs while Amba led the way.

So far they have encountered some wild animals  not enough for them too worry about but some teams have already gave up.

Kumi looked around and saw a spider web, for unknown reasons he had always been scared of spiders so he was very vigilant as he was walking.

Aiden looked at Kumi who was very alert, he shouldn't be because when they first met he defeated much stronger monsters.

Aiden let his mana through the ground to check if there was anything dangerous but he didn't find anything, his focus was on finding potential danger that had Kumi on edge that he was not focused enough.

A wolf had jumped at him but a second later it was slashed in half by Kumi.

The blood splattered on Kumi's face, "Pay attention" Kumi said calmly as he retrieved his sword back to its sheath.

Aiden apologized and gave Kumi his handkerchief to wipe away the blood, he accepted and then put the handkerchief in his pocket.

"Is anyone injured?" Amba asked concerned.

Kumi looked at Aiden up and down and then shook his head, they continued forward and now they were getting closer to the center of the forest.

They rested before going any deeper. They came here early in the morning and they were instructed to go back at noon.

They had "coincidentally" met with the group of male leads.

Kumi knew it was about to happen and as he was making his way closer to Aiden a big master jumped at Kumi.

Aiden grabbed his hand and pulled him out of harms way.

They all banded together to defeat it but when he wasn't looking Amba went to the side to cast a wide range healing spell that not only healed them but also the monster.

this was not written in the novel, she had only cast a spell to heal the male leads but not the monster, he looked at Amba who had an evil glint in her eyes.

He gritted his teeth and went to Ashrith and Alima. He pulled them back away from the monster and inflicted a major injury to the monster.

He stepped back and told Ashrith to take Alima and Aiden and run away.

Ashrith was confused until he heard a sound of a stampede that he grabbed Alima and Aiden by the hand and ran away.

Kumi And the rest of the male lead who were confused defeated the monster and the pounding sound got closer and closer.

By the time he realized something was wrong with him he had already collapsed to the floor heaving heavily.

Amba on the other hand was okay and the male leads were already leading Amba away.

With difficulty he got up and cast a large spell to create an ice wall to give him a bit more time.

The stampede of monsters broke through it in less than a minute.

Kumi felt his mana grow weaker as well as his body, before he had collapsed he fell onto someone's chest.

Aiden had come back and took Kumi away but since the demons were too close he choose a short cut, the demons who were attracted by Amba's light element were not targeting her but Kumi instead.

There was no way to escape the large stampede of demons with his current strength, so he took the chance and jumped from the cliff ahead.

He held onto Kumi tightly as they fell in water. They resurfaced quickly since Aiden did not want Kumi to drown.

The demon's were not giving up easily but most of them retreated and the rest he killed them.

He found a cave and rested there. Both of them were drenched.

He made a gathered wood and lit them on fire.

He took off his shirt for it to dry, he didn't want Kumi ti get more sick than he already was so he took off his clothes.

Fist he took off Kumi's gloves revealing a pale hand full of scars, as he took off the rest of Kumi's clothes it revealed more and more scars.

Now he knew why Kumi covered himself so much, he looked away and with his fire element he dried the clothes faster.

He hugged Kumi as the clothes were drying. He knows Kumi wouldn't want him to see the scars so he will act as if he didn't see anything.

Kumi's temperature was very hot that he felt his skin burn, a few minutes later all his body was heating up. Aiden did not know the cause for it but all he could do was try to alleviate his pain by absorbing the heat to his body.

He absorbed so much of it for 3 days that it even created a new element for him, magma, he was stupefied but the name scared him because that meant that it is even more painful for Kumi.