Chapter 4 (Kakashi)

This is going to be a short chapter that only describes why Kakashi sends the pair back into the room. The next chapter will actually move the plot along.

Since when are Naruto and Sasuke late? Usually I'm the only one who doesn't make it to meet ups on time.

Thinking back on a conversation I once had with Minato Sensei, I realize that the age matches up with what he explained. That explains Naruto's absence, but not Sasuke's unless...

"Wait here, Sakura," I tell my remaining student. "I'm going to see what's taking them so long."

She nods at me, and I rush off hoping that I'm wrong. For this to happen while we're on a mission. I remember how miserable Minato Sensei was the only time it happened on a mission. It was like he was dead on his feet due to the lack of sleep and feeling like he was being burned from the inside out. That's the curse of being mated to a Jinchuriki, and from what he told me, it was worse for the Jinchuriki theirself.

I don't even have to open the door to their room to realize that my theory is correct. The sounds echoing into the hall are enough to let me know that Naruto has definitely gone into heat and my other student is his mate. This was the one situation that I was not looking forward to at all when the Third Hokage assigned Naruto to my team, but I'm glad it was me. Any other Sensei would be completely blindsided by this turn of events.

An hour after we were originally supposed to meet, the boys show up at our meeting point. Their haggard expressions show that the heat has barely let them sleep. It must have started sometime during the night.

I tell them to go back to bed trying not to think about what they'll be doing for the next few days, although a small part of me is curious as to which one of them is the Uke.

When we leave the village, a day later than we were originally supposed to, they seem fine, and they're back to acting exactly the same as before. It would seem that since Naruto didn't have Kushina-Sama to explain things to him, he doesn't know anything about going into heat or having a mate. Should I tell him? He'll probably get embarrassed if I do because then he'll know that I know what they were doing. I guess I'll just explain the situation to Tsunade-Sama and let her decide.

Like I said, a short chapter, but the next one is going to be interesting.