Chapter 33 (Shisui)

I'm watching from afar as Sakumo finally gets a chance to talk to his son. He's been sitting here, in limbo longer than I have, waiting for the day that his son meets him, waiting to apologize for leaving him. I've been waiting for Itachi. I feel terrible that I left him with so much on his shoulders. If only I hadn't told anyone about my plan. Maybe I could have pulled it off and gotten to stay with the boy I loved.

Kakashi starts to fade away as if he's being pulled back to the land of the living, and I realize that the same thing is happening to me. How and why am I being taken back there?

The first thing I realize when I'm back in my living body is that I can't see anymore. Whoever brought me back apparently can only bring you back to how you were before you died. It doesn't really matter, I gave one of my eyes to Itachi, so I can at least get that back.

Itachi. I wonder how you look now. How long has it been since I last got to see you? Do you still love me as much as I love you?

As I walk around wherever I was brought back to, I notice that the area is completely barren based off of the lack of things for me to run into in my blindness. Why am I here? How will anyone find me? Who will find me? As I think those questions, a familiar voice calls out my name.

"Shisui?" the voice asks. She sounds like Izumi. I wonder if Itachi started dating her after I died. Whenever we were near the girl, he would be conflicted because he couldn't understand why he had feelings for her when he loved me.

"Izumi?" I ask to make sure that it really is her. The shocked gasp at my recognition of her voice tells me that I'mright, and it is her. "What happened? How am I alive?" Did she do this to make Itachi happy? Could she even bring someone back from the dead?

"I honestly don't know. You've been gone for nine years, Shisui."

"I put so much on him." The weight of what I had asked of my lover makes itself apparent to me, and without realizing it at first, tears start to stream down my face. "What happened with the clan? With the coup?"

"Izumi!" an unfamiliar energetic voice calls out to her.

"Who is that?" I ask.

"Naruto," she responds before addressing the boy in question. "How is this possible? How is Shisui alive?"

Naruto, the Nine Tails Jinchuriki and son of the Fourth Hokage. When she told me his name, she almost sounded protective. I wonder what he connection is with him.

"When Nagato, the person who was controlling those guys who attacked the village, used the jutsu that revived everyone who died in the attack, I asked him not to bring Danzo back." The village was attacked? People were killed? Naruto didn'twant Danzo brought back to life? "I was told that someone would have to take Dazo's place, so I asked him to choose a random Uchiha. I'm glad it was someone close to Itachi and Sasuke." Just by the wistful tone I hear when Naruto mentions Sasuke's name, I can tell that feels for Itachi's younger brother the same way I do for Itachi.

"I'm glad too." The disguised irritation in Izumi's voice is apparent to me, but I doubt that she realizes it. "Itachi is probably going to be so happy when he returns."

"Thinking of that, I should probably go get him. Do you still have the Kunai I gave you, or should I mark something nearby to get back?"

Izumi doesn't answer him, but suddenly, I don't feel his chakra anymore. Does he know his father's technique?

"Where did he go?"

"He used the Flying Rajin to teleport to Itachi. Itachi was sent out of the village with Naruto's son to protect him while Naruto was training to become a Sage."