Chapter 9 (Naruto)

Grandma Tsunade leaves us to talk after Sasuke's outburst. I don't blame her. She did say that she would leave any decision about our situation up to us.

"I don't like this situation any more than you do, Sasuke," I point out. "But I don't want to lose anyone who's family, no matter who they are."

I hope Sasuke understands how I feel. He lost his entire family in one night. Everyone he loved is gone.

"I don't either," he says after a long silence. "I just..." He trails off, and I think I understand. He doesn't want to have someone in the way of getting his revenge against his brother.

For the next couple months, Sasuke uses the transformation jutsu to be able to go out and about without anyone noticing what's going on. Everyone asks why he doesn't go on missions anymore, and everyone is simply told that he has a medical excuse. They don't pry further after that.

Sasuke has fully accepted the whole being mates situation, and we go on dates every now and then. No one but us knows that they're dates, though since Sasuke wants to protect me from his mob of fan girls.

"Ready to see Grandma Tsunade?" I ask Sasuke as I enter his apartment.

It's been two months since Granny showed us proof that she wasn't lying about Sasuke somehow being pregnant. Even though she's explained it a few times, I just can't wrap my head around how it can happen to a guy, but it has happened, that's all I really need to know.

Tsunade plans to use that machine again because apparently it can show if the baby is going to be a boy or a girl. I kind of hope that it's a boy because I don't know anything about girls. How would I even interact with a girl?

Through some miracle, I've at least managed to get Sasuke to be willing to choose the baby's name. He still says that he doesn't want to take care of the child. He's probably too afraid that if he gets to close to it, he won't want to fight his brother anymore.

As Granny checks Sasuke over with the machine, I notice Sasuke watching the screen with awe. Weather he wants to admit it or not, he already loves this child. If only I could find a way to get him to want to be around it once it's born.

"Well, do you want to know the gender?" Granny asks.

Does she even have to ask? I'm tried of calling the baby an it. "Yes, datebayo."

Sasuke just shrugs, avoiding actually answering the question. He may act cold, but I can see the slight spark of excitement in his eye.

Tsunade moves the stick for the machine around a bit until she's satisfied with its position before pointing out something on the image.

"Well, it's a boy," she tells us in a mildly worried tone. "I'm not sure which of you I'd hope for him to be like."

Of course she's worried about that. Between my hyperactive behavior and Sasuke's cold nature, it's hard to even imagine how our son will turn out.

"With Naruto raising him, I'm sure Itaku will be like him," Sasuke adds to the conversation, quietly.

A few weeks ago, when I finally convinced Sasuke to be the one to name our child, he told me that he's had the name Itaku chosen since he was seven after a conversation with his mother about Itachi's name. Apparently his father, Fugaku, had an older brother named Ita, and he named Itachi after him. Sasuke thought he could honor his father by keeping up the tradition of starting his first son's name with Ita and added the ending of Fugaku's name to to create Itaku.

He also suggested that we honor my father, after I finally told him that I had found out who my parents were, by using his suriname. I was surprised that Sasuke suggested a Suriname other than his own knowing that the Sharingan has never belonged to any clan other than the Uchiha, but he simply told me that it was a way to separate from the painful memories of the loss of his clan as well as a separation from his brother. Once that was decided, I had Granny change my name in the records so that giving a child the Namikaze name would be doable for us.

"Namikaze Itaku." Granny smiles. "I look forward to meeting him."